Thread: Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Network Adapter on ASUS P5K-E/wifi motherboard not working since upgrading to Windows 7

Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Network Adapter on ASUS P5K-E/wifi motherboard not working since upgrading to Windows 7

I have problem in windows 7 with my USB wireless card , here are my tests :
    FreeWifi Manager Version 0.1.18 (Connected Freewifi hotspot ). Authentication Manual : Monitoring Network Card Network Card then Disconnected .
    [ 0] | 0x008D0978 | Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter # 4 - Packet Scheduler Miniport | Connected
    Code : Select All
    [0 ] | Connected
    [ 1 ] | FreeWifi
    [2 ] | 76 - 7A - 3D- 4E- 83 -2A ( Mac Address ? Not that my card .....)
    [3]|82
    [4] | Security Disabled
    [ 5 ] | 802.1x Disabled
    [6] | Open
    [7 ] | UNENCRYPTED

I am using Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Network Adapter on ASUS P5K-E/wifi motherboard. Please help.

Re: Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Network Adapter on ASUS P5K-E/wifi motherboard not working since upgrading to Windows 7

In 90 % of cases , it's your key or your wireless card. It is a fragile material that is easily disturbed by waves or obstacles thin. nothing visible, but enough to do so or no signal is received. Some of them are lucky . that 4 times that I troubleshoots friends who have this problem . to when the wireless cards that are not disposable. In fact the standard is made here that does not work because of permissions is " Almighty " for receivers and transmitters which imposes significant restrictions (it's like a laptop ).

Re: Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Network Adapter on ASUS P5K-E/wifi motherboard not working since upgrading to Windows 7

Chipsets that you indicate are wireless and Ethernet adapters already present on your machine. The highpower 500mW wireless card is simply an adapter that you add more. It works with USB interface ( it uses two USB ). I dont know what operating system you are working but with the proper drivers , it works on almost all systems. From my side , I use it with Windows and Linux with my laptop and it works perfectly.

When setting the network parameters of the PSP for locating the IP address 192.168.0.3 , it also wonder : the gateway ( default router ) and DNS primary and secondary ... To complete the change of IP address , I put 192.168.0.1 for the gateway and the DNS. In any case, the connection test carried out by the PSP is working well and my wifi network is detected .Having failed to share my internet connection, I still tried to ping the PSP but there by cons , without success .You can not find the console while the wireless network card ( 192.168.0.2 ) is set to the same network as the PSP ( 192.168.0.3 ) using the same course subnet mask : 255.255.255.0.

You need to turn on if the power supply fan works, so if that's OK To Know if your diet is working or not? a little trick simple and effective. Put the power off. Unplug the power cord located on the motherboard (big white connector) Then take a paper clip and connect the green wire with any black wire white connector return power on. The Fan Power turns, then the power supply works.

To put it off the motherboard, disconnect the power to the motherboard. Note that these fuses you will not find on the market or soon to be Conrad Electronic , but be careful as they are SMD (surface mount) very fragile, so I advise beginners to start this repair problems miniaturization of the component. You can also make a jumper, but if a short circuit, the motherboard will burn.

I had the same problem in Windows 7 with Asus P5K-E and Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter.

But after long ways of testing I got the solution.

At first I delete all drivers of all wi-fi adapters in operation system. After that I took this software for SOLO WI-FI adapter for Vista

Before starting installation - I marked option for Setup.exe "to run with administration rights" and "to use Vista compatibility" (without service packs! ).
    After installation - I placed link to: Program Files\ASUS WiFi-AP Solo\RtWLan.exe inside Autorun folder for starting it with every Windows's starts.

That is it! All works just fine!
    Last edited by Maqbool; 26-12-2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.