Thread: Anonymous Logon attempts from unknown ip's

Anonymous Logon attempts from unknown ip's

I have installed the Windows 7 home premium on my home machine . After turning my modem within the bridged mode, I started receiving such type of anonymous logon events in my home system. I am running with Avast antivirus that has inbuilt firewall also, and the default windows firewall is also always on. I have tried to find the same on the web and it states not to be alarmed if the source IP is 127.0.0.1.

It also displays as it was working upon the 128bit encryption for the logon attempt. Both of the connections got logged off when I unplugged my internet connection in the morning. I got such type of event viewer when I was searching for the possible cause why my scheduled net got disconnect script was not functioning .

Re: Anonymous Logon attempts from unknown ip's

Initially , I would like to describe that the Event ID 4624 is just the type of error within the event log. Please find out the concept regarding that Event Log records almost with the proper explanation of internal operation. It just indicates that the specific internal operation fails once, but it does not indicate that the operation is not accomplished after all . It does not suggest that the system is not protect or somebody fired on the system. To secure the system, you only require to turn on the firewall and virus definition should be updated after all.

This security policy configuration referenced whether the operating system reproduced the audit events when a user is moving for the logging on to the computer system. Such type of events are associated with the creation of logon sessions and occur on the system which was accessed. For an interactive logon, events got occurred on the machine that was logged on to. For the networking logon, like accessing a share, events are occurred onto the computer hosting the resource which was retrieved.

I am not considering that the anonymous logon must be a common thing because the only logons I got the same within my event logs is my administrator profile and I have no any idea about this if I even have my standard account user records there...I have the anonymous logons as well from much before when I was not sure about the security but after I moved with the Group policies to block this kind of access I didn't got any issues anymore..

if you require any further suggestion or any type of help regarding the configuration of the particular group policies and you are running with the enterprise or ultimate version then please make me sure about this ..

I am working with an ADSL modem within the bridged mode environment . I am running with the direct access to the internet on this system and have already configured the firewall settings with the Public access . I had also made inactive the file and folder sharing on the network adapter and in the same way in the WAN PPoe dialer configuration .

Now, I made disabled the bridged mode within the modem and since my systemis behind the modem's NAT, I do not get these logons of unidentifiable system.