Thread: Windows 7 Media Center does not find my DLNA certified DMP

Windows 7 Media Center does not find my DLNA certified DMP

I heard that Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) in the new Windows 7 gives excellent results for all video files in native format readable by the client DLNA Bravia, soientt MPEG-2, AVCHD and HDV. But my Windows 7 Media Center does not find my DLNA certified DMP. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 Media Center does not find my DLNA certified DMP

DLNA function allows easier synchronization between devices certified by this standard. Specifically, you can share your movies, music, photos ... from such a computer DLNA and other departure (also compatible) will detect and display that content in its library. A DLNA-compatible VAIO making available his videos and music. The hi-fi system connected to the DLNA network can view the songs in his Interlibrary shared and lire. The DLNA Bravia tv show videos in its library proposed by the VAIO.

Having thoroughly tested the capabilities of Windows Media Player 12 on the retail version of Windows 7, I return here to summarize my tests broadly. WMP12 is much more than update WMP 11 (WXP WVista &). In addition to the possibilities of multimedia player, WMP12 integrates four major DLNA functions:
    - A DLNA server (Digital Media Server - DMS)
    - A Client DLNA (Digital Media Player - DMP),
    - A multimedia controller (Digital Media Controller - DMC) with the "Play-To '(Push to client DLNA), and
    - A multimedia rendering engine (Digital Media Renderer - DMR).

WMP12 is able to read and when necessary transcoding to other video formats include: MP4, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, DviX, AVCHD, HDV, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, WMV, etc. ... (Edit) But not MKV! Through its transcoding on the fly, it will convert an AVI video to MPEG-2 or AVCHD after dialogue with the BRAVIA (TV or other DLNA client) which will indicate the best format to send.

WMP v.12 Windows 7 is almost perfect (but without the conversion of MKV video and some other shortcomings). AND, it is not DLNA server (DMS - Digital Media Server) which is now fully compatible with the Sony Bravia, but it also includes (in addition to its media player) 3 other key functions namely a DMP (Player) , a DMR (Renderer) and DMC (Controller). Either you get with WMP12 buying a new PC with Windows 7, either you buy an "Upgrade" (WXP or WVista to W7) for ~ 30 € (for the new OS full).

Do not forget that the free software and open source PS3MS "included in Beta support for Sony Bravia (W5500 series +) and HD Freebox only from version 1.11.350 released on 30/07 / 2009, there are less than 2 months! The developers continue to steadily improve their software and its compatibility with DLNA clients and work to improve the compatibility with our Sony Bravia PS3MS and Freebox HD (same as Samsung and others ...).I think a new stable and more efficient to PS3MS should be released in November 2009 (after the release of Windows 7 (22/10) and Ubuntu Linux 9.10 (28/10)) after testing the final version of these two operating systems.