Thread: BitLocker Repair Tool to recover a reader

BitLocker Repair Tool to recover a reader

I want to gain more knowledge about the BitLocker Repair Tool, so that I can recover the reader. I am having the basic information about the BitLocker Repair Tool but now I think that is not enough. I have tried to do lot of things but nothing is working as required. So I thought about you members. Please provide some solutions for my problem along with detailed information.

Re: BitLocker Repair Tool to recover a reader

BitLocker Repair Tool (Repair-BDE) is a command line tool integrated with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. This tool can be used to access encrypted data on a hard drive rigorously spoiled if the drive was encrypted with BitLocker Drive Encryption. Repair-bde can reconstruct significant parts of the drive and recover recoverable data when a password or a recovery key is used to decrypt the data. The command line tool Repair-BDE is anticipated to be used when the operating system does not start or you can not start the BitLocker recovery console. If a drive has been physically damaged, it may not be recoverable.

Before doing recovery of a reader by BitLocker Repair Tool, you should check the following things :
    1. Your computer must have a test drive protected by BitLocker.
    2. You should be able to provide administrative credentials.
    3. You must have at least one of the following:

• Password recovery
      • Location of key file recovery
      • Location of the package file recovery and password recovery mode corresponding
      • Location of the package file location and retrieval of key file corresponding recovery

4. You must have an empty output volume of a size equal to or greater than that protected by BitLocker Drive (whose content will be completely replaced after the repair operation).

Open a command prompt as administrator.
    • To do this, click Start, type cmd in the Search for programs and files, right-click on cmd.exe and click Run as administrator.
    • If the dialog box User Account Control appears, verify that the action shown is the requested action, and then click Yes.

At the command prompt, enter one of the following commands, depending on the recovery information that you want to use:
    • To repair using a password recovery:
      repair-bde C: Z:-rp 062612-026103-175593-225830-027357-086526-362263-513414
    • To repair using a recovery key:
      repair-bde C: Z:-rk F: \ RecoveryKey.bek
    • To repair using a package of recovery and password recovery contact:
      repair-bde C: Z:-kp F: \ ExportedKeyPackage 062612-026103-175593-225830-027357-086526-362263-513414-rp
    • To repair using a package of recovery and the corresponding recovery key:
      repair-bde C: Z:-kp F: \ ExportedKeyPackage-rk F: \ RecoveryKey.bek

I would like to add some more points for your knowledge. If the path to the package key is not precised, a search Bde Repair-key package to the player. However, if the hard disk has been spoiled, it is likely that the tool does not find the package, it then prompts you to stipulate the path. It is suggested to include the package of keys in the Key Storage Active Directory to be able to export if obligatory.