Thread: ATI Radeon 5770 driver problem in Windows 7 64bit

ATI Radeon 5770 driver problem in Windows 7 64bit

I have installed the Windows 7 64bit in my system and also installed the necessary driver for the same but when i am starting the computer i am missing the mouse, icon as well as taskbar from the desktop. I think that this is the problem of the Graphic card but as i am using the ATI Radeon 5770 and installed the driver for same. So please if any one then please help me to get back my graphic in Windows 7. Thank you.

Re: ATI Radeon 5770 driver problem in Windows 7 64bit

It seems to be the issue with the Graphic driver of your Graphic Card which might not be showing the compatibility with the Windows 7. Did you installed the older driver for the ATI Radeon 5770 d? If yes then let me tell you that you have to download and install the latest driver for the Windows 7 as it is noticed that the Windows 7 is not having the compatibility with the older driver.

I agree with the above reply that it can be the issue with the driver in the Windows 7 which is not showing the compatibility with the same. To get rid of the same i will advise you to go with the below given step that will help you for same.

1. Click on Start
    2. Go to the Control Panel
    3. Open the System and Maintenance
    4. Click on Device Manager
    5. Locate Display Adapter
    6. Right click on Display Adapter
    7. Select Properties from context menu
    8. Click on Update driver

Thats it!!!!!

I will first advise you to check that whether the device of yours is coming into the compatibility of the Windows 7. As Microsoft has developed a webpage where you can check for the compatibility of the Graphic Card with the same. So if possible for you then go through the below given link and find the compatibility.
    Windows 7 Compatibility List

I think that there might be only the issue with the driver only. I have been into the search for the your problem and come to know that the ATI Radeon 5770 is compatible with the Windows 7 so there is no issue with the compatibility. I think it can be possible because of the driver. I will advise you to install the ATI Catalyst Suite 10.2 and then try to run the Windows 7.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the same problem then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue and let them go through the problem and find the appropriate solution for the same. As they are the developer can help you with the same other then any one else

First of all thanks for the response which you have given me regarding the issue of mine. I have gone through all the replies but nothing works for me except this one. I have downloaded and install the ATI Catalyst Suite 10.2 and the problem got resolved. I am sure now that this was the issue with the drivers only