Thread: Windows 7 Blank Screen with Cursor Hang(Nvidia Driver Issues)

Windows 7 Blank Screen with Cursor Hang(Nvidia Driver Issues)

I had also installed Windows 7 and till this morning everything goes well. The operating system loads after the start of the session instead of going on the desktop nothing happened. There was just a black screen. I can just move my mouse that I see the white cursor and arrow, but that's all. I press Ctrl + Alt + Del but the same does not work at all. So I started the PC in safe mode with network support. I have Nvidia driver. What should I do here.

Re: Windows 7 Blank Screen with Cursor Hang(Nvidia Driver Issues)

I am not at all impressed by Windows 7. Before that I was using Windows XP and I had upgraded the same. It is still pretty messy, because there no solution I found on Microsoft site about the black screen thing. When I boot the desktop does not load. After some frequent restart the icons comes on the screen. I am really fed up with the issue. I might re-install the same.

Basically it is better if you upgrade your graphic card drivers. You mentioned that you have a nvidia driver support on the system. I try to install Home Premium 32bit Windows 7 on my pc. I am using Acer Aspire M3100 with Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. I did the test to see if my pc could accommodate Windows 7 is the case, made by a couple of programs that are not compatible.

It is due to incompatible drivers on the system. I happens that after upgrade or installation you might face driver issue on your system. Just go to the official site of and then download the drivers for the same. If you does not found drive then it is better if you can run Windows update. It sometime gets drivers for the same. Just run once and then check back again.

I had the same problem with the RC version of Windows 7 64 bit, The solutoin for that is that I had installed Windows Vista Service Pack 1 on a clean partition and choose Upgrade option. Note that the RC corresponds to the version of Vista installed 32 or 64 bits, and even installation language is quiet similar. In my case, I could upgrade to Vista SP1 64 bit to Windows 7 RC-64 and there is no issue related to any driver.

I had installed Windows 7 on a different partition. I had kept the system on dual boot. I have a desktop with an IDE drives support. The third problem is about a high-end PCs which are optimized for performance. There are two SATA drives in raid 0 attached to the system. I have a ASUS M2N SLI DELUXE motherboard with Athlon X2 Processor. I had formatted my system fully and found the same issue. It is due to your display settings where Windows fails to set the optimum resolution.

I have Windows XP on a SATA and I wanted to install a Windows Seven on the second. I had added a brand new SATA HDD. The launch of the installation goes well, I can select the SATA HDD that I want to install Windows 7. All worsk well and the installation works well. The PC reboots and then there is a black screen there. I only have one screen, I check the 2 video outputs of my graphics card and there is no signal.