Thread: Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W compatibility with Windows 7, comes up as "Unspecified" device

Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W compatibility with Windows 7, comes up as "Unspecified" device

I have a printer from Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W which was working very well. After upgrading my system to Windows 7, the printer is not working at all. When I am checking in the Device and Printers then it is showing that a device is not specified. I have tried to install Vista drivers for this printer but still it is showing that a device is not specified and nothing happens when printing any pages. Is there anyone who can tell me how to get this printer working in Windows 7? Thanks

Re: Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W compatibility with Windows 7, comes up as "Unspecified" device

There is a Compatibility Center where each and every type of Printers are listed as compatible with Windows 7 or not, you can check this information by going on this link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...patCenter/Home. However the PagePro 1350W printer that you have mentioned is not showing in the compatibility list. So, it might be possible that your printer model is not compatible with Windows 7 operating system. You should check on Konica website whether they have any updated drivers for your printer which will work on Windows 7.

Even I was facing the same problem with this printer on Windows 7 but now it is working properly in the same Operating System by following a workaround. First you will have to install 1350W on Windows XP computer and then enable printer sharing. After that install 1400W with 64bit drivers on Windows 7 as a local printer attached to the file port. After that go to Printer Properties and add a new local port as \\computername\printer. Disable the bidirectional support and now you will be able to print properly.

Even I had the sae problem with this PagePro 1350W under Windows Vista. But after updating to Windows 7 Ultimate, I went to Windows Update and it downloaded a driver for this printer. After rebooting my computer the printer started working fine without any issues. So, you should also try this method if none is working for you. In Windows Update this update is showing as KONICA MINOLTA - printer - KONICA MINOLTA PagePro 1350W. Hope this helps you out.