Thread: Help with Bootpicker on macbook

Help with Bootpicker on macbook

I set my Bootpicker to defaulting to Windows so I might do a number of remote sessioning things at work. At present, I cannot boot into os x to alter or modify the defaulting os back. I have comprise and tried alternative key and choosing Mac. I have comprise and tried booting into windows and having bootcamp set to boot to mac os x. How be able to I get into the mac to moreover put out of action bootpicker, or uninstall it. Most of them utilize bootpicker on iMacs, MacBooks, Minis and have not had several troubles until at present. Suddenly the most recent 2008 MacBook Pro would not boot into Windows from bootpicker. It's exactly the similar difficulties described in this archived post anybody found a solution for this.

Re: Help with Bootpicker on macbook

I had this problem and determined it by downloading rEFIt, burning it to CD, rebooting my Mac and allotment down the C key. Once booted to rEFIt I designated 'Start Partitioning Tool" and it asked to accurate my tables. Subsequently I typed 'Y' and rebooted I was back into OSX. The entire yesterday I installed Bootpicker (2.1.2) which at present is providing by Apple to choose connecting Mac OS X 10.5 and Windows (Boot Camp). It runs extremely well except following: The Bootpicker menu is displayed subsequent to loading Mac OS X unswervingly previously Mac OS's login dialog. When I pick Mac OS the Mac OS login dialog is displayed – extremely well. When I choose Windows, in addition the Mac OS login dialog is displayed. I had expected that in this case Bootpicker determine to mechanically reboot the apparatus to start up from the Windows partition. As an alternative I have to physically select the reboot button in the login dialog.

I deliberate that the tribulations might be that there is no boot in /usr/standalone/i386. I have comprise and had similar tribulations recently when trying to create a bootable usb memory. I deliberate this is essential for the legacy possibility in the bless utility. If someone have comprise a solution for this I would approximating to recognize as well. I set my Bootpicker to defaulting to Windows so I might do some remote sessioning things at work. At present, I cannot boot into os x to alter or modify the defaulting os back. I have comprise and tried alternative key and choosing Mac. I have tried booting into windows and having bootcamp set to boot to mac os x.

I in recent times installed Bootpicker on my innovative Macbook Pro, predominantly to have a additional appealing/attractive technique of choosing my dual-booted Windows 7 rather than choosing from side to side Boot Camps innovative method of holding down alternative at startup. I presently have comprise the Mac OS X as my defaulting startup OS, which is how I desire it. I used the information in sequence from additional post to setup bootpicker which helped out quite a bit. My query is that I have encompass bootpicker demonstrate up generally when I log off OS X other than when I restart or turn on my mac, it basically goes straight to loading snow leopard rather than giving me the bootpicker screen that I get when I log off.

At my university, completely or the entire dual-booted macs have comprise bootpicker load on startup as well as when logging off. I would similar to this to run the similar method on my Macbook. The additional thing is when I log off windows 7 it goes straightforward to the windows 7 log on screen, rather than going conservative to bootpicker first. The macs at my school log off windows and go conservative to bootpicker, so I would similar to get this running with the similar method as well. The merely additional thing I desire to work out is when I have right of entry bootpicker, currently merely or simply when logging off OS X, and select the windows icon to log on to windows, it reboots the system first then runs windows. An additional dissimilar from how it works at school. On their Macs, when picking windows from side to side bootpicker, rather than rebooting, it goes conventional to the windows log on screen. I am presently wondering If I would be capable to get the entire this to work the similar method for my own use.

I originate Boot Picker to be irritating. It presently adds an additional step to the boot procedure. Individually, I deliberate it's easier to hold down the "Alternative" key when I desire to boot to Win 7. I have encompassed the standard boot defaulting to Snow Leopard. As far as getting Boot Picker to run as you say it does at your academy, the entire I be able to recommend is to uninstall it and reinstall. Create certain you have the most recent version or description which is 2.1.2. Boot Picker determine to install a preference pane from which you be able to create changes to the method it acts.

Thanks for your instruction. It got me sophisticated to looking back at the instructions that are within the usefulness itself. I essentially missed the part approximately deactivating the "auto-login" in OSX preferences. So I deactivated it and at present Bootpicker loads generally on startup when I restart or boot up. The merely part I tranquil have not resolved is for logging off windows and going conventional to the bootpicker screen. I recognize this is how they work at my university when logging out of windows Vista. Additional than I cannot figure out how this would be facilitated subsequently bootpicker is merely a Mac OS utility which runs off of the OS. So I speculation it makes sense that in windows it would simply go to the windows log in screen. Additional than it be able to be done, I am presently not certain how.