Thread: Outlook problem after a scanpst.exe in windows 7

Outlook problem after a scanpst.exe in windows 7

On opening Outlook 2007 I get: "Unable to open your default mail folders. Errors were detected in the file C \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Outlook \ Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, then use the Repair Tool inbox (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and correct errors in the file. For more info on the repair tool inbox please help ....

Re: Outlook problem after a scanpst.exe in windows 7

Scanpst.exe file can repair Microsoft Outlook. You will find it under C: \ Program \ Microsoft Office \ Office12. After experiencing the same problem of Outlook that will not open with the same error message as described above and after having struggled to find the solution, i launched the this software, the error is repaired automatically. So i would advice you to use the scanpst

Thanks for valuable advice on the site, I have used to repair a file scanpst.exe outlook. I use 2 email accounts which are in separate boxes in Outlook. Since Scanpst, the mail addresses to the account can no longer defective in the box "normal" (in fact nothing more happens in this club since worry) in the box but the other account. A setting can be a jump but I do not know how. THANK YOU 1000 times your help.

Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
    • Go to the Control Panel -> Classic View -> Folder Options.
    • In "folder option" open tab "View" then check "show hidden files and folders."
    • Restart the computer.
    • Start -> Computer -> C drive -> Users -> name -> Appdata -> local.
    • Open the folder "Local" -> right click -> property.
    • Uncheck "read only" -> apply -> OK. (The analysis starts. Accept the agreement administrator who might be asked).

I had a different approach to fix this error i got the same error message on my system but this was really annoying but after a small research i got this problem fix using the steps below:
    • Start -> Computer -> C drive -> Programs -> Microsoft Office -> Office12.
    • Open "Office12", there is Scanpst. Click Scanpst, a dialog box appears.
    • Click on "Browse" and then ... PC -> C drive-> user-> name-> appdata-> local-> mocrosoft-> Outlook.
    • In two Outlook folders appear. Archive and Outlook. Click on Outlook and then start. At the end of looking to "fix".

carolinebrown Guest

Hi,
    Do not get panic if Outlook problem after a scanpst.exe in windows 7, For this at first try inbuilt tool scanpst.exe. in case corruption problem is very severe then try third party PST Repair Tool.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 10-04-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: External links not allowed.