Thread: Windows data recovery softwares

Laren Guest

Windows data recovery softwares

In today's world it is very important to secure your data which is saved in your computer. However you find yourself in nowhere situation when your window gets corrupt that causes loss of data. For this there are several utilities available in market which are used to recover your data back whatever the scenario or error arises. Once i came across the same problem. Then i got NTBackup utility from Windows which helped me out in getting my data back.

Re: Windows data recovery softwares

To recover files with the Windows NT backup utility, just follow the below steps:

1. Insert the backup tape into the tape drive. This tape should contain any files or directories that you want to recover.
    2. Display the list of backup sets (called catalogs) on the tape by double-clicking on the tape's entry in the Tapes window or by selecting Catalogs from the Operations menu. The tape device will go out to the tape and find all of the available catalogs.
    3. Using the right-hand pane of the Tapes windows, browse through the available catalogs. Double-click on a catalog to access its contents. Afterward, designate files and directories for recovery by selecting or deselecting their check boxes.
    4. When you are finished selecting files, click the Restore button or choose Restore from the Operations menu. You can now specify how the selected files and/or directories are to be restored.

For other Windows NT backup utility information can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc722506.aspx