Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS2 compatibility on Windows 7.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 compatibility on Windows 7.

Its been some around 2 years that i am using an Adobe Photoshop CS2 on Windows XP which i have installed on my laptop. Now i have bought a new laptop HP Pavilion dv6-1245x on which i have got Windows Vista but Adobe Photoshop CS2 does not works on it. So i just want to hope that it would be working on Windows 7 so can anybody provide me some information regarding the same.

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS2 compatibility on Windows 7.

Even i am going to buy a laptop on which i would be getting the Windows 7 operating system and my work depends on an Adobe Photoshop CS2 a lot as i create graphics for the banners. I would be happy if i can use this software in windows 7 os so that i don't have to change an OS on my new laptop. User interface of the Windows 7 is amazing to use.

It should not show any problem when you try to use an Adobe Photoshop CS2 on Windows 7 as it works with the windows xp as well as with windows vista. But still if it does not works on the windows 7 then you can always use the windows xp compatibility mode on windows 7 which will let you use this application on your windows 7 laptop. But still it would be great experience to use this on normal desktop of windows 7 system.

If you do need to reinstall your Adobe applications after installing Windows 7, the installation is identical to when you installed under your previous version of Windows. Insert your DVD, choose to install your Adobe application or double-click Setup, and then follow the instructions in the installer.

If you were using the trial version of the an Adobe Photoshop before you upgraded to Windows 7 so i would like to tell you that the trial version expires immediately when you upgrade your system and hence you wont be able to use it on windows 7 system. You have yo download updates of an Adobe Photoshop first on your system and then you may go further upgrading your system.

I am using an Adobe Creative Suite CS2 on my Windows 7 laptop without any problem. For using the same on your win 7 system, You have to right click on an executable file of an adobe then go to the Properties. Switch to the Compatibility Tab and then select XP SP3 mode from the drop down menu. Click on OK and then run installer. Now you may check using this software on your windows 7.

I have seen that the Windows 7 is not compatible with an Adobe Photoshope CS2 so i suggest you to download the latest version of an Adobe Photoshope so that you can use the newer feature of the an Adobe Photoshope. It would be better for you to have a new version of the photoshope in which all the features of the CS2 has been added and some more features are added as well.