Thread: Enable to ping in Windows 7

Enable to ping in Windows 7

Hello,
    I recently installed windows seven, and I meet up unfortunately ping all minutes. I updated the drivers for my wireless card Hercules Wireless G PCI via this driver:
    Code:
    HWGPCI-54-V3.3.0.1 (not version LiveBox although more recent, because it does not detect my freebox)
    But nothing changes, I tried a manip found on the net typing in the command prompt:
    Code:
    wlan set autoconfig does enable = no interface = "Wireless Network Connection"
    And indeed, I do find my network but when I'm connected, I always cut the micro (mini lags). It is quite frustrating when playing online games that require a highly responsive, but I can find no solution other than to go wired or CPL, still not right to lay an OS without an alternative? (I have Windows XP in dual boot and my wifi works fine above) I noticed that when I disable the DNS client service in the Services list, my ping is not 'null' from the widget that allows me to ping google at all times. If you have any idea regarding this then please let me know?

Re: Enable to ping in Windows 7

Hello,
    This kind of problem is often due to the box, Is your freebox the firmware is up to date? What is set on the ping of freebox in the management console? If you have not updated the freebox firmware, then you will need to do it first. Try this, if this does not work then post with the error.

Hello,
    Installed on new laptop g71v asus windows7 everything works, I really like, and the internet all works ok, but then recently began to notice that when you include Toshiba, shows the network icon with exclamation mark, open the network management center, plus there appeared to my private network is An unidentified network rename it can not, so I am taking the turn of its network card (realtaek) briefly, then turn on and there is a connection to the Internet, and an unidentified network disappears and so on until you reboot. I go to internet via modem D-link? remind you that previously worked on the internet without problems and not what the network does not frequent visitors. Tell my what it was, are tired of off the map and include.

Alternatively you can do this, remove all the clusters on the network and put the past to the office. Site a menu desktop, but this method has helped some of the people. Even I have not tried this but still you can try this and see if works.

I have some troubles with my network connection under Windows Seven. Often (usually while surfing on internet) my connection drop. First I though it was because of chrome but it's not. I tried to change my dns thinking the problem was from my ISP (used the free google dns) but nothing worked. I then tried to disable the card to re-enable it thinking it could change something and that was the mistake. Once I clicked on disable, the system worked for like 10 minutes to success and it was even longer to reactivate it. I the tried to reboot, the system worked for 15 minutes before to be able to. Go on the "network page setting" could take 10minutes too. Anyway, after some disable/enable tricks, all "seemed" to be back to normal. But after some times the connection droped again. I checked my (windows) firewall, disabled it, did same for kaspersky and the problem was still there. I tried to ping Ip outside my local network, not working. I then tried 127.0.0.1 and IMPOSSIBLE to ping. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Due to being unable to ping local host this means busted card. If it's an on board card, which it sounds like it is, it could be due to a dying motherboard. I've never seen this caused by "bad drivers"... but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

You can first try updating your nic driver. Also verify that the tcp properties are set correctly. Preferably dynamic.

I would change your dns server to your dhcp / gateway address as well for testing.