Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE

Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE

I am getting the following error :
    Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D
    The notification subscriber of the winlogon <SessionEnv> was not available to handle a notification event.
    I am getting numerous such messages in the log viewer. Also I am not having any information about this topic. I have observed that many of my friends are having same problem. So does anyone over there knows about this topic. Please provide some solutions that can be useful for me. Any other information about this topic would be grateful.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE

With the file browser go here: (according to me this will apply only in Windows 7) C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Microsoft Security Essentials \ Support and delete the file: MSSEOOBE.etl After deleting this file, you will have to restart your system and then try again. You should able to get the access properly. Also check your log viewer, which should not be containing these errors.

Use the System File Checker (SFC.exe) to determine the system files causing the problem. To do so, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
    2. Enter the following command and press Enter:
      sfc / scannow

Sfc / scannow scan all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with versions Microsoft correct. At the end of the scan, check if the problem is resolved.

Use the System File Checker (SFC.exe) to determine the system files causing the problem.
    The System File Checker tool found no breach of integrity of files windows. After restarting the computer the error persists 0xC000000D, secondly the error 0x80004005 occurred while the engine is up to date.
    Code:
    Log Name: System 
    Source: Microsoft Antimalware 
    Date: 03/18/2010 3:52:29 p.m. 
    Event ID: 3002 
    Task Category: None 
    Level: Error 
    Keywords: Classic 
    User: N / A 
    Computer: VincentW 
    Description: 
    The functionality of real-time protection Microsoft Antimalware encountered an error and stopped. 
    Feature: Monitoring behavior 
    Error code: 0x80004005 
    Error Description: Unspecified error 
    Reason: The filter driver requires a driver update to function. You must install the latest updates definitions to enable real-time protection. 
    Event Xml: 
    <Event xmlns = " http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event "> 
    <System> 
    <Provider Name="Microsoft Antimalware" /> 
    <EventID Qualifiers="0"> 3002 </ EventID> 
    <Level> 2 </ Level> 
    <Task> 0 </ Task> 
    <keywords> 0x80000000000000 </ Keywords> 
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-18T14:52:29.000000000Z" /> 
    <EventRecordID> 119,130 </ EventRecordID> 
    <channel> System </ Channel> 
    <Computer> VincentW </ Computer> 
    <Security /> 
    </ System> 
    <EventData> 
    <Data>%% 861 </ Data> 
    <Data> 2.1.6519.0 </ Data> 
    <Data>%% 835 </ Data> 
    <Data>%% 842 </ Data> 
    <Data> 0x80004005 </ Data> 
    <Data> Unspecified error </ Data> 
    <Data> 5 </ Data> 
    </ EventData> 
    </ Event>
    Also a message window (blue screen) of Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime Library is displayed after logging on to the program c: \ windows \ system32 \ spoolsv.exe with the message 'This application Has Requested the Runtime to terminate it in unusual way year. Please contact the application support team for more information'.

Have you tried to repair your system.?? If not, I would like to recommend you the same. The following steps will help you :
    1. Insert the disc.
    2. Restart your computer using the power button.
    3. If prompted, press any key to boot from the Windows installation disk. If your computer is not configured to boot from a CD or DVD, see the documentation that came with the computer. It may be necessary to modify the BIOS settings of your computer.
    4. Choose the language settings, then click Next.
    5. If you use the Windows installation disk, click Repair your computer.
    6. Select the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    7. Menu System Recovery Options, click on a tool to open it.

Did you "accidentally" have used yet another anti-virus software or an old Defragmenter tool or some other older system running? Was on the system previously installed another virus scanner, which was not removed cleanly? If not, try to format your system completely and then you can do the reinstallation. Otherwise, I think that repairing your system will solve the issue.