Thread: Bitlocker fails with duplicate USB key

Bitlocker fails with duplicate USB key

Recently I have updated to windows 7, and I have taken this step so that I can use Bit locker. I am able to successfully encrypt the hard drive and then altered the group policy and then created the key on the USB key. Till here everything is working fine. I have also generated the duplicate key on the different USB key, but the computer system is not booting. It is just hangs and the only message that can be seen is that: Window Bitlocker drive, encryption key is loaded; you must remove key storage media. Is there any solution for this problem?

Re: Bitlocker fails with duplicate USB key

I thing I am also facing similar problem, but I have decrypted through the use of original USB, and tried to encrypt with the new USB stick, but the problem is that it is failing and giving the same error. Hence USB sticks are not available at the point of BitLocker required to read that. I will be waiting for any related solution.

The only solution for your problem, is to format the USB drive that you are using on your machine. I am suggesting this solution because I was also facing this similar problem but now I have got the solution for this problem. After formatting you need to lock and then create the copy from there. This has solved my problem and I hope that this solution will also work for you.

It requires that the boot volume, insulated encryption. And for that, "BitLocker Drive grounding Tool is available. Sometimes, this tool fails and one of the main reasons could be the real files found from the partitions. In such situations, reinstalling the operating system becomes inevitable, which can also cause loss of data. So, to remedy the situation, you must have a data backup or a powerful data recovery utility Windows that could collect data.

According to me after the size of the active partition has been reduced to 1.5 GB, it should contain a minimum of 10 percent free space. So, not enough free space on disk might prevent the tool to function. The BitLocker Drive Preparation Tool procedures involve measures such as defragmenting and resizing partitions. But some files still, as registry Windows NTFS metadata files, page files and hibernation files, can end the task.

Backing up BitLocker recovery passwords for a protected drive-Allows administrators to recover the drive if it is locked. This Ensures that encrypted data can Belonging to the Business Always be accessed by authorized users. Backing up the TPM owner information for a computer allows administrators to locally and remotely configure the TPM security hardware On That computer.