Thread: Can not save or print any PDF file that opens in Internet Explorer

Can not save or print any PDF file that opens in Internet Explorer

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and performed the installation of Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard on several machines and on some are running with the installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader 9. There is a government website that the legal assistants have to move to get legal documents in some cases and entire legal assistants running with the system that are full Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard version on them because they have to make so much PDF documents . entire legal documents which is placed onto the government website are in PDF format form so when I click on those, they opens up within the Internet Explorer but it has the Adobe Acrobat toolbar at the top and all of thing.When the pages queued up then it would not allow the legal assistants print or save the document to the system.

Re: Can not save or print any PDF file that opens in Internet Explorer

Adobe Acrobat can allow you for the modification,just secure and markup PDFs but not displaying the PDF files. To get the PDF, you require a PDF viewer just as the Adobe Reader.

To describe why once the file getting opened within the internet explore got failed to show, windows 7 already installed the "internet reader" that is meant to compete with the Adobe reader. At this point, to resolve the problem, you have to perform the installation of Adobe Reader to view it dependentedly on the computer. In order to this, Adobe Reader is not the only free PDF viewer either. Foxit Reader is another best alternative. This is 5.11Mb vs. Adobe Reader 9.3's 37.86Mb.

Maybe I am not describing this in proper way. My Legal Assistants can display our PDF files entire day long that is not a problem entirely. The problem is that the edit, secure and marking up, save and print the PDFs automatically . Thats the section that I am unable to get those system's to do even though I am running with the installation of full version so that the legal assistants must be capable to perform just that, the full version also has the PDF viewer in this as well .

After all, you brought something to just by stating that Windows 7 implemented an "internet reader", I am now thinking that if it is interfering with the Adobe software because it only does the same within the Internet Explorer. How do I find such configuration ?

Have you finished the installation of the Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard after doing the upgradation to windows 7? If yes then , it is advised you to go for the re-installation of the applications. Try to open the IE with the no-add mode.

1. Click on the "Start" menu and type in "INETCPL.CPL" and issue the "Enter" key.
    2. Click on the "Advanced" tab specified .
    3. Click onto the clear and "Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)" check box.
    4. Click on the "Apply" button to save changes.
    5. Click on the "Ok".
    6. Start and go for the "Internet Explorer" and then try to reoccur the problem.

After the testing , you are able to re-enable the check box.

I have tried to go with the Internet explorer. The compatibility mode and that does not work in this situation. What happens when you made a click onto the file and it comes up with a window to provide the username and password then once that is issued and accepted properly, it will browse up the PDF file but will open this up in different one tab within the Internet explorer.

I have upgraded to the Windows 7 and then after that I performed the installation of entire available programs in which Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard is also listed . I will use to open the Internet explorer with no-add mode and find out what happens . I will let you be sure about the results in this case.

According to the symptom, you can reconfigure the internet explorer to clean the temp files which should be damaged:

Reconfigure Internet Explorer and register the files
    =================
    The following procedure will clean out the entire installation of add-ons, passwords, etc. and reconfigure the internet explorer to default configurations . We have to perform the re-installation of add-ons after reconfiguring.

1. Click on the Start menu , type the “inetcpl.cpl” within the Start Search bar and issue the Enter to open the Internet options window.
    2. Move to the Advanced tab.
    3. Click on the "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" specified button.
    4. Click on the Reset to be sure about the execution of operation.
    5. Click on the close when the reconfiguration process got completed.
    6. Disable the check mark of the "Enable third-party browser extensions" option in the configuration of box.
    7. Click on the Apply and then save the changes to click on the OK.