Thread: Live Mesh Add-on for Windows Home Server

Live Mesh Add-on for Windows Home Server

Currently in beta, Windows Live Mesh , in the near future , will centralize all computers and other media devices in your family. Windows Home Server will have a new role: to disseminate its contents when you move, explanations . I want to know that is Live Mesh Add-on for Windows Home Server is available. Any idea ? Please suggest.

Re: Live Mesh Add-on for Windows Home Server

From the point of view " user " Windows Live Mesh is a storage space where multiple devices can there synchronize ( mainly your computers , but why not add your Windows Mobile phone or even your Mac and all devices supporting the protocol TCP / IP). Add to that a notion of " family'Or each member is part of the same " Mesh " . This storage space is then a " cloud" on which your devices are connected . You see here , two computers ( personal and office) connected to Live Mesh. I can, if the computer is on and nobody uses it, take control of the computer. I can also identify a computer on every record that I want access on both computers. The program is then responsible synchronize this issue through storage.

Today Live Mesh for Windows Server is still development. During the last developers conference (PDC 2008) , these new features have been presented and therefore will emerge in 8-12 months so patience ! I imagine already play music stored on my server from my 3G phone , miles away from my home, Windows Home Server is a particular product from Microsoft , a system that uses a dedicated machine that has to load back up all data from a particular family .

It is confirmed that under the new system is Windows Server 2008 R2 , that is to say, the last major release of Microsoft system for servers . As a result , the system is a leap forward in functionality and architecture since the first Home Server was based on Windows Server 2003 R2. On the other hand, a store specific application is presented , which allow users to buy and / or download components dedicated to the system. Antivirus for example, as services that locate or various modules to add functionality .

Basically you 3CD with Windows Home Server
    - CD install of the OS
    - CD recuperation post crashed
    - CD install the console client side .
    The install of the console operates the parametrization backups & Co , and adds an icon in the systray which give the status of your news server ( and displays a popup in the event of concern) . Double click it and suggest you log into the " console " when entering the CDM admin.

Home server offers interesting features that NAS will not be able to offer :Indexing files with WDS to search a snapshot from the client if they also have WDS4 ( thus Vista / Seven by default ) . This indexing allows the use of libraries by incorporating these Seven storage space on the server . What is not possible ( exception) with a SIN . Necessarily being a Microsoft OS , integration with customers MS is most successful. Including eg the automatic management of backups via a small software " WHS connector "to install on clients. User management is very simple, remote access also locally or via Internet . Remote access via the web interface not only allows access to server settings, but also all files with upload / download as well as the possibility of "remote control " machines on the networks that are activated in this moment.