Thread: Programmatic access to Exchange Online Mailbox from a .NET application

Programmatic access to Exchange Online Mailbox from a .NET application

What is the appropriate protocol or any method through which we can programmatically retrieve an Microsoft/Exchange Online mailbox through the .NET created application?

In case, you require a little more workaround on what I am trying to complete ... I am running with an web based created application which is compatible with more than one business clients. The front end web application is ASP.NET/C# and the backend is selected as SQL 2005. Each one business client runs with their own customer service email address on Microsoft Online.Do you have any idea about this procedure ..

Thanks & regards
    Mei

Re: Programmatic access to Exchange Online Mailbox from a .NET application

Fine, I have some interesting information regarding the completion of this procedure . EWS is definitely compatible for this task and as long as it doesn't need any type of hard configuration on the server which can be restrict you complete this task .

One more thing, You can request POP be activated for your entire users (excluding Deskless Workers). It seems a lot as what our Mailbox Migration utlity does except, in your scenario, you are importing all of things to a CRM or database instead of different mailbox.

Hi, I would suggest you to go for the Exchange Web Services which is preferred way in this case. One more thing , POP3 access is currently supported for this procedure . I would begin by checking out the Exchange Online Developer Guide that would be helpful for you . You need to download the complete guide from this location on the web : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This document suggests the procedure to work with the exchange web services to programmatically interact with the exchange online. There are some key situations like integration with Azure are also listed .

Can someone suggest me as I am looking for accessing the default exchange store with the help of CDOEXM and CDO. But I got something that CDOEXM facilitates only to reset the Stores of the exchange server. It doesn't facilitate to retrieve the contents from the mailboxes and access the mails from this .

I have tried to find a lot on the internet but I haven't got anything better that can be helpful for accessing the data of everyone mailbox stored in the exchange store. As I require to develop the application in c# on the Exchnage server system that will retrieve each of the mailboxes and their respective inbox directories and the contents also.

CDOEX and Exoledb can be implemented in this operation locally on a Exchange server to get the accessibility onto the Mailboxes . You can also go for the WebDAV either locally or as the remote to get the Mailboxes. I would state that the better place to begin in this way is to go for the downloading of the Exchange 2003 SDK from the Microsoft official site , where you will get the sample and guidelines on how to work with these API's.

I need to ask an necessary question whether to retrieve the content from the msil box I need ADODB, ADSI or WebDev. As I am new guy for doing all these tasks.
    According to the MSDN, the CDO library contains some interfaces and classes such as IMessages, Imessage, Folders and so many things, Can I work with them directly to retrieve the components and how shall I establish them as there are no such demonstration provided.

Kindly suggest me with the effective and absolute method through that I can access the mail box of every user and than retrieve their components and convert them to a PST file.