Thread: Error Creating Autodiscover Virtual Directory

Error Creating Autodiscover Virtual Directory

I am getting such type of error within the powershell when moving to make a new one Autodiscover Virtual Directory...It seems so weired, would you help me in this situation .. I have removed the default properly but we were now getting some problem and needed to make a new one but Microsoft doesn't have very much support or suggestion regarding this procedure to do the same...

Here is the code which I have executed : New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Default Web Site" -BasicAuthentication $true -WindowsAuthentication $true

Re: Error Creating Autodiscover Virtual Directory

Through the IIS, you are unable to get the virtual directory and Application possible. So to handle this situation. I have to download this one software known as Metabase Explorer from download facilitated websites for downloading this one program

1. Install this on your Exchange Server
    2. launch this as the Administrator user of the system
    3. Open up the Wssv => 1 => Root => Autodiscover
    4. You need not to remove this initially , rename this to whatever...
    5. launch it again.
    New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -WebSiteName "Default Web Site" -BasicAuthentication $true -WindowsAuthentication $true
    6. Check out the Metabase Explorer and also the IIS Management to be sure that your new Autodiscover Application is entitled there .
    7. Remove out the previously renamed directory within the Metabase explorer...

That was feasible for me before and I hope it would be helpful for you !

I have considered out that out shortly after I made the thread... lol... I have used the same with both methods and still having an error albeit another error which I will post shortly...

What is the way to delete the default Autodiscover and make a another one? And I suggest that delete this properly for example ... remove directories, ADSI Edit and delete the components at that place ??? Microsoft only issue the command to actually delete out the same from Exchange but I have considered that it is not that simple one... Never is...

There is new Error.... Not really new, received this before... it is with the service started...

An error occurred while creating the IIS virtual directory 'IIS://US-HOU-EX01.Dannenbaum.Local/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover' on 'US-HOU-EX01'.
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (US-HOU-EX01\Aut...fault Web Site):ADObjectId) [New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 51432E0,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.NewAutodiscoverVirtualDirectory

I can easily clean out the autodiscover virtual directory with the help of the command suggested as Remove-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory cmdlet. but I got some issues when I moved to create the same directory with the different name and same name in both way. When I moved to create then, I got the cmdlet hung within the some minute, and then I received the error
    message described as follows ..

*START*
    New-AutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory -websitename "Default Web
    Site" -WindowsAuthentication $true -DigestAuthentication $true

New-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory : An error occurred while creating the IIS
    virtual directory 'IIS://ServerName.MyCompany.com/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover'
    on 'ServerName'.

At line:1 char:33

+ New-AutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory <<<< -websitename "Default Web
    Site" -WindowsAuthentication $true -DigestAuthentication $true
    *END*

After arising up the error message , I also figured out that the W3Svc got restricted to run properly and the default website was not started. I can easily start them with the same procedure , however I am not getting any Autodiscover virtual directory.

I'm copying the code directly from the latest Ex2k7 help file.

Never mind. Turns out the W3Svc requires to get restricted to be run properly before you are going to execute the command suggested as cmdlet. It forces to stop this as another section of the process, but apparently it was timing out before the service was turning off with the clean procedure, thus the error message. I gone through the manual procedure to stop the W3 and then after moved back for the Powershell and voila !That's all

You are able to work with the Shell to make a new one Autodiscover virtual directory for running with the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. It can not be performed with the help of EMC specified . The Autodiscover virtual directory facilitates the internal and external URLs which is used to make the connection with the Outlook clients and that need to retrieve the Exchange services, including the Availability service, the offline address book and Unified Messaging and all those things .

You are able to work with the Shell to make a new one Autodiscover virtual directory for running with the Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. It can not be performed with the help of EMC specified . The Autodiscover virtual directory facilitates the internal and external URLs which is used to make the connection with the Outlook clients and that need to retrieve the Exchange services, including the Availability service, the offline address book and Unified Messaging and all those things .