Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010

How to enable IRM licensing in exchange server 2010?

I ma running with the little bit trouble here and not getting any way to come out from this issue and the issue seems so weired. Do you have any suggestion that where I am lacking in this situation . Actually, I am going to make some changes within the already configured environment . I wanted to make enable that service but I am unable to find the same within the management console.Do you have any idea, how would i come back from this ...
Old 10-08-2010

Re: How to enable IRM licensing in exchange server 2010?

Would you please tell me that which one service you are currently searching for to enable this ? If you need to go for the enabling and disabling of IRM properties within the Exchange 2010, you have to go for the Set-IRMConfiguration cmdlet from the Shell which will be helpful for you to make this enable. Just try this once and access this ...
Old 10-08-2010

IRM needs the implementation of an on-premises AD RMS server or the ILS service. IRM properties can be selectively made enabled or also disabled. You require to be assigned the privileges before you are able to execute this one command known as cmdlet. You may not running with the proper access for some parameters if they are not involved within the permissions allocated to you.

Code:
Set-IRMConfiguration -ExternalLicensingEnabled $true
Old 10-08-2010

Hi Paul and anderw , Thank you for your suggestions , I got your suggestion proper and also applied the same as you suggested me to make it enable means the IRM function within the ES2010. But whenever, I am going to type out the command suggested by you as Set-IRMConfiguration into the shell, its states that the term is not detected as the name of a cmdlet....... what I need to do now in this case ?
Old 13-08-2010
Dr. V

I am also getting same type of issues when I started configuring my IRM.
This is actually what I have completed so far:

- Initially, I finished the installed of PKI and then after AD RMS service.
- I created a new one distribution group: 'AD RMS SuperUsers'.
- I listed this up as 'Super Users' in AD RMS MMC.
- Associated Read&Execute privileges to Exchange Servers group within the "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\_wmcs\certification\ServerCertification.asmx" file.
- Added the user FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b... to AD RMS Enterprise Administrators group.
- Done some of the configurations to IRMConfiguration.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,