Thread: Live Mesh Folders on Desktop of other peers - can't move folders

Live Mesh Folders on Desktop of other peers - can't move folders

Today, I understand how to operate Windows Live Mesh. So I installed. From what I understand, is a service that allows synchronize files between multiple computers and / or server storage. But I have not managed to do what I see as obvious:allow friends to view my files but
    1) without having to store it on their pc.
    2) via windows explorer, not via a web interface.
    Suppose I have a folder of photos of 500MB, One can imagine that everyone did not want to download the entire file just to see a picture. So is it possible to do that, and if so, how?

Re: Live Mesh Folders on Desktop of other peers - can't move folders

Live Mesh is an application developed by Microsoft that lets you synchronize folders and documents between multiple computers or mobile units. Until now, only Windows compatible with this service. However, it is now possible to connect a Mac to a space mesh. The concept of mesh is very similar to Dropbox. As soon as you take a file in a directory associated with the service, it is instantly synchronized. I use Dropbox since last July and this type of service is extremely interesting. This is probably the easiest way to transport documents from one computer to another.

I use a Mac and all my computers are connected to Dropbox. With the availability of the Mac, I decided to try this great application from Microsoft. I loved this application from Microsoft. The interface mesh is much more complete than Dropbox. In addition, Mesh offers more features and storage space that Dropbox. Your account Mesh offers 5 gigabytes of disk space that you can sync between your devices. Once synchronized, the files become accessible from your computer or from the Web.

Development of Mesh PC is more advanced than the Mac. The Windows version of the client works as a mesh network p2p. You can synchronize files 8 or 10 gigabytes without affecting your account which is limited to 5 gigabytes. The files do not reside on your Web space on your PC but Mesh. Files and folders are synchronized using the model of P2P networks. On the Mac, everything is synchronized in the traditional way between your Mac and your web space mesh.

I use LM for several months to synchronize files between a desktop and a laptop. I'm also subscribed to MobileMe: they are two complementary offerings LM has ample storage capacity (5GB), but it is mostly the real time that attracted me: when I share the office with my laptop, I am sure to find my last modified documents when I turn on the records usual: no need to go and search the web for this: they are already on the SD. That does not MobileMe. It is a storage space, and that's all. It helps me sometimes when I want to quickly view a file on my iPhone. I will switch to a Mac in the coming weeks and it was clearly an obstacle to the purchase because of my job.

Firefox or Chrome, many parameters are supported and synchronized. Of course, we speak here as a beta, and things still have time to evolve before the final version, and even after. However, nothing prevents Microsoft to offer an API that allows third party developers to include in their own software can synchronize data and settings using Live Sync.
    This will offer another novelty that may interest some users a lot: the ability to remotely access their machines if they are on. Two methods are possible:
    1. Sync Live From the client on another computer
    2. Since the Windows Live Devices