Thread: Using Norton Ghost 15 with Windows 7

Using Norton Ghost 15 with Windows 7

I required a switch to a WD Black drive (7200RPM) in view of the fact that it's faster. I used Norton Ghost 15 to do a drive copy from the previous one to the innovative one. The innovative drive boots up, and lets me log in. Upon logging in, the desktop is light blue, and it communicate this message in the lower right hand corner. For the same I had purchased the student version or description which is for the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade (x64) for $30. This has been working appropriately on my computer, additional than my hard drive is a Western Digital Green (5400-7200RPM) drive.

Re: Using Norton Ghost 15 with Windows 7

I get no UI, in view of the fact that explorer.exe is not working. I be able to launch it physically from the task manager, additional than I tranquil cannot get to the point to re-activate it using my valid key. In to the Control Panel, slui.exe 4 does not run. The Control Panel gives an error communication "explorer.exe no such interface sustained or maintained" slui.exe 4 does not launch. I hit enter and it come into view to do nothing. What's worse, I desired to run startup repair on the drive that formerly worked. For at present, the Green drive runs additional than whenever I boot into the black one it gives me a temporary user file for the reason that my copy has been deemed invalid.

I had accurately the similar tribulations desirable to copy the pagefile.sys from the running boot drive to the one that would not boot. Then after that you have to run the repair the entire in excess of again on the non functioning drive and you be supposed to be OK. You necessitate going into the folder alternatives and being certain the "Hide prevented system files" is unchecked in organize to copy the pagefile.sys file. I locate Ghost 15 seriously lacking the capability to clone Windows 7 in its present arrangement. I used to utilize Ghost 14 by means of Windows XP and might create the entire the cloned copied of my system drive I wanted immediately for sanctuary, not so by means of Windows 7 and Ghost 15.

The additional and supplementary beneficial and safe technique of transferring your Windows 7 and the entire the partitions on the previous drive is to utilize "Backup and Restore" to generate a System Image on an additional hard drive which be able to be used to restore the original drive onto your innovative hard drive. In this you have to go to "search programs and files" and type in Backup and Restore. Then after that you have to hit it off on the result and follow the directions containing making a "Repair Disc Windows 7" at the end - unless you previously have one. Booting from that disc (by means of your system image drive and your clean unallocated drive installed) determine to permit you to choose and restore your files to the innovative hard drive.

I tried the fixation by means of the page file and it did not do no matter which. The page file is merely or simply the virtual memory anyway, right. I determine to attempt the backup and restore alternative. I saw that in the "repair my computer" segment on the install disc. The Ghost 2003 boots up outside of the operating system. I do not imagine Win7 likes to be shadow copied. (At my school, most of them utilize Ghost 2003 for the student laptop images) I have comprise and completed one System Image copy and restored the entire my files to the hard drives. The entire worked absolutely first try it is the technique or method to go.

I immediately spoke to Symantec's customer hold up or maintain and subsequent to explaining the lack of functionality of Ghost 15, established a refund of my purchase price. The Norton Ghost 15 is a robust and specialized grade backup explanation for together home users and diminutive businesses. By means of Norton Ghost, lost or damaged files be able to be recovered and restored in the event of a system malfunction, even if the system’s operating system does not start. It in addition permits backup of an complete system or specific files and folders at the same time as saving recovery points to offsite locations using FTP. The Norton Ghost is in addition flexible, permitting users to decide when to back up their system, moreover on a schedule or based on an event.

The “Norton Ghost has been the necessary imaging and recuperation product in view of the fact that 1996,” said Dave Cole, superior director of customer products, Symantec. “Consumers PCs have by no means been additional central to people’s lives, or additional at risk appropriate to cybercrime and critical failures. The Ghost 15 not merely is a powerful disaster recovery tool, additional than in addition it adds important characteristics such as Windows 7 compatibility and Blu-ray Disc hold up or sustain to maintain present by means of the method people are using their systems today.”