Thread: Windows Live Movie Maker cannot save project

Windows Live Movie Maker cannot save project

Hello,
    After "editing" of the project on video maker, I can not save on my hard drive a video. When I finished the job of editing the video and I click on the video record, recording starts about 10 minutes then I get the following message: "Unable to complete the wizard of video recording. The video recording failed. Windows movie maker can not save the video to the site, the original source files used in the video and location registration is still available and that there is sufficient disk space and try again. If you have any idea why this is happening so, then please let me know. thank you for your replies.

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker cannot save project

What i have found everyone here has-been looking for Divx Codecs. You'll find a package of all the free codecs for your system to make Anything and Everything Work. Once you'll install it get a small pop up window with info on it Some Odd. JUST X OUT THE WINDOW. if you hit ok It Will uninstall all the work and you just DID'll Have to do it again. No harm done, just annoying. Another Word of advice the file "ffdshow.ax" or something Along Those Lines Will not cause movie maker to work. use your windows search to find thats exactly queue, delete all the components found labeled "ffdshow".

I was on windows movie maker (in XP, because I gave up on vista run anything) a problem faced by many people at the time of registration:

"Windows movie maker can not save the video to the site spécifié.Vérifiez the original source files used in the video recording and location are still available and that there is sufficient disk space and try again". After reading the solutions proposed by the forum, I wanted to clarify that which worked for me :

- I first checked that it was my project that was the problem (a film about ten minutes, with many pieces of film and lots of video effects, titles, etc.). So I made a test project with some photos and a short film. At that time, no problem for the record, regardless of the format chosen. So it is my project that was problematic and not windows movie maker in general.

- I tried again to save my project, and I looked at when it crashed (in my case, 7%). So I looked at the level of my project, which corresponded to the end of film the 7% of video time. I removed the film of my project, and retried the recording. (In my case, two files were a problem, so I had to redo this manip twice). Once suspicious files removed, the registration worked, regardless of the format chosen.

In my case, the two files that were problematic for. Flv that I converted to wmv with "power mp4". But I had 3 files of this type in my project, and only two have posed problems.

As I was holding absolutely still include these files in my project, I again get the files. Flv and I have been converted into wmv (this time with "super"). I have handed in my project, and this time they have not posed a problem.

Even I do have a similar kind of problem, unable to save the video after installation, same error message. I checked everything and it's not a problem original file. I think I have enough RAM (768 MB) and 9GB of available disk. I went through many forums on the topic: messages on the same problem but NO response adjusting the problem. I tried different types of recording quality, nothing to do. So the one who will answer to the problem deserves the "WMM problem solver".

Actually I met the same problem as you and others made to DV AVI PAL format solves the problem of registration except that it takes considerable space on the disk. Anyway I think then convert the file to be less bulky. However, I must point out that Microsoft has more work to be done on software. I think change to another because I will not waste time to save and then recompenses. as I already put my time to the creative brief is better now to software other than this one.

Hey
    when you type "save to my computer" then "next" best quality for playback on my computer", on display more choices "other settings" click on video of superior quality. I hope that solves your problem.

Consulted for several temp all your question / answer, but I can not find solution. I have a problem with Windows Movie Maker I made a video (quite short 1m23) I saved that temp project, published and I want a film that is wmv format for my video could be accepted in the site like google or youtube but I always temp on message when I publish this movie (here error message: Unable to complete the wizard of video recording. the video recording was not successful. windows movie maker can not save the video to the site specific.