Thread: Windows Movie Maker compatible with Windows 7?

Windows Movie Maker compatible with Windows 7?

Hello,
    I downloaded windows 7 version with activation key. I created the dvd windows 7 and it works very well I'm surprised after downloading the kit "Windows Live" which contains, inter alia, a Beta version of movie maker. Indeed there is no way this version of danc make the video recording with a DV camcorder. I also downloaded version MM26, enriched movie maker, but it is even more opportunity to make acquisition of video from a camcorder. I ask then, for those who are "BETA TESTERS" the new operating system Windows 7, though there may be, in this version of Windows, a tool for capturing digital video in full. My Sony TR330 camcorder-E is recognized by the system and works very well with "Adobe Premiere Elements 6". I just wanted to know if it was a new philosophy for this version of Microsoft not to include in the video editing software, the capture tools, starting from a digital camcorder. Thank you to the experts in advance for their replies

Re: Windows Movie Maker compatible with Windows 7?

Windows Live Movie Maker is a beta for now. I think it will change soon. However Movie Maker 2.6 is available for Vista and works fine in Seven (I tested). You can download it here on the website of Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com

Already loaded this version of Movie Maker V2.6, to acquire a code needed to download) but in this version also no possibility of making the acquisition from Sony DV camcorder my TR330. Perhaps it is a question of recognition of this material, which still astonished, because with the basic version of Movie Maker. If you have an alternate solution for this then please let me know. Thank you.

I have always the same problem with my sony camcorder DCR-PC6E it worked fine with window XP but with win seven computer does not recognize my HD Movie Marker and Pinnacle Studio 14 the last out , among you there-was-he was a connoisseur to remedy this problem, I called Sony but the technicians are overworked and I was not troubleshooting. IEE 1394 cable, if you any one has an solution for this then post. Thank you.