Thread: Transfer Office 2007 to another computer

Transfer Office 2007 to another computer

I'd like to know out of curiosity and concern to keep Office, in case my computer finally fell down, so i would like to know how to get Office (and at the same time windows) without having to pay a new license. I am really in trouble and i do not know how to go about this issue i will be getting a new PC within a week till then please help me to resolve this issue. Thank you for your reply.

Re: Transfer Office 2007 to another computer

With the software box you can do this very easily , nothing simple ... simply by reinstalling the product and entering a new activation key provided. If ever it has been through the online activation, it should go through the telephone activation and as explained in this case, namely that the product has been uninstalled on the previous machine. I think this should definitely get your problem fixed.

I have a PC with Microsoft Office 2007 pack I downloaded legally (paid!), And which I have the key. I just purchased a new computer , which has a trial version of Office pack 60 days of 2007. I hit the key to the old computer on new computer, and it does not work. I have a message that this key named is not valid. Is this normal (no right to use the key on two different PCs)? Should I do this differently? For example uninstalled the trial version and transferred my package via a hard drive.

The key works only for a clear version. You have to remove the evaluation version to put the version that corresponds to the key you have. For this you need to simply uninstall the application which is installed on your machine. Uninstall the application from the system on which you wanted to install the application. Reinstall newer version with the key.

The Activation Wizard automatically contacts the Microsoft licensing servers through your Internet connection. If you are using a valid Product Key that has not already been used for the allowed number of installations, your product is activated immediately. So simply install the office application on your system and insert key when it prompts for the same.

When you say to uninstall from the old computer, do I just go to Control Panel and uninstall? Do I need to use the Office CD to uninstall? Or do I need to be connected to the Internet when I uninstall?

I'm trying to figure out how my Office CD is going to know that I uninstalled the Office 2007 from my old computer and am now installing that license on to a new computer. Or how Microsoft is going to know that it has been uninstalled from the prior computer.

In other words, as ThoMas321 states, "The Activation Wizard automatically contacts the Microsoft licensing servers through your Internet connection. If you are using a valid Product Key that has not already been used for the allowed number of installations, your product is activated immediately." How are the Microsoft licensing servers going to know that my previous installation has been removed, so is no longer installed anywhere?

Appreciate response so I feel better that I'm not going to uninstall in the wrong way and then discover I've got an Office 2007 CD that is not installed anywhere and won't let me install anywhere.

Thanks,

Ozarkx

Mostly what happens that when you buy Office pack you get a single user license for that. If you try to install the same on a different computer it does not work. For that I will first recommend you to contact Microsoft help center. They have a toll free number which will guide for the perfect solution. You might take risk just by plain uninstallation and that can cause loss of your product key.