Thread: Windows Live Sync can be run on Home Server

Windows Live Sync can be run on Home Server

Hello,
    I have Live Sync running on my home server. I have also shares currently sync so, but I am not sure if this is quite. It seems to work and is super practical. From time to live seems to want to sync the password, then you have probably just log on to the WHS remote desktop and stop the associated service and start it. But has so far never happened with me. Does anyone have experience with it? Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Windows Live Sync can be run on Home Server

If the whole were not quite kosher, I had not even written about it only because my data are also Christmas and I also use the solution itself . The problem regarding the password, it can actually be just that with the application via remote desktop and the first start of the live sync clients in the tick "save password" has not been set. Try this solution and see if this works for you.
    Here are few link that can help you
    Windows Live FolderShare Sync
    Windows Live Sync for Mac OS X

I now have Live Sync to run for several weeks and it works beautifully. One effect that I can not quite explain, is emerging, however, when I sync my pictures, then created the Home Server highly compressed copies in which the file name with a. begins. Does the original image "image.jpg" and is produced s File. "Image.jpg". Could this related to the Thumbstones. I have the "." Files deleted, but I am not sure if that's ok. Does anyone have experience with it? The "." Files are found only in pictures, all other files will be synchronized without additional information.

The LiveSync is active only at certain times as a service, you can easily automate:

Stop Service
    1st Editor such as Notepad
    2nd Insert the following: net stop LiveSync (is the name of the service being LiveSync)
    3rd File as a. Bat file save

Start Service
    1st Editor such as Notepad
    2nd Insert the following: net start LiveSync
    3rd File as a. Bat file save

Now you can on the "Scheduled Tasks" function for the time where the service should start up a task and the same again if you want to stop the service.
    (The "-planned tasks" function call, you can use Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Scheduled Tasks)

If something else is unclear, just let me know.

The Thumbs-file (previews) has with me the same timestamps as the "Last Scan" The value of Media. Thus, the file will either client side or from an integrated service but WHS created by an add-in. If you delete the Thumbs-file and before the media server end and not rebooting is not a new file created. Star test the media server you will be automatically creates a new file Thumbs. I do not mean that the problem regarding Thumbs file in any way with the problem that is bringing. Image.jpg to in context. What do you use the else for additional applications on the WHS? Is there one, especially with access to the images directory other than media servers and LiveSync?

Then exit and disable the service to test the media server via the service manager but for once. The thumbs can you delete files without problems. Would then observe the behavior a bit. As I have previously installed Firefly times to test, I know the media server is not very good. I use myself Media server.

I have the Aspire H340. He's well installed Firefly. I have never dealt with the program because I do not want to use the WHS as a media server. May, however, that the service is active.