Thread: Functional descriptions of Unified Messaging

Functional descriptions of Unified Messaging

I am looking for the functional descriptions of Unified Messaging. Since I have recently started doing this topic I am not having much knowledge about it. So I thought to take some help from you members. I am aware that communication technologies are changing rapidly. Also it is being said that IT managers should ensure, with increasing frequency, providing access to unified messaging in a safe and familiar in order to optimize productivity and reduce management overhead. So please provide an detailed information about an UM working with the Exchange Server 2010. I am expecting some quick help from your side.

Re: Functional descriptions of Unified Messaging

I would like to discuss about the Preview voicemail which can be considered as an important point of Unified Messaging. Exchange Server 2010 facilitates navigation through voice messages. By translating voice to text in Exchange Server 2010, users can read the contents of the audio recording in the same way you read email. Moreover, if voice messages are opened using Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, the text of the preview voice mail easier to perform the same task. All names, contacts and phone numbers will be identified with recognizable icons that the user can select to add contacts, call through Office Communicator, or send email. To facilitate navigation through the audio, the selection of a word in the text is that the voicemail starts playing from the selected word.

You should also know about the Voicemail protected. Exchange Server 2010 solves the predicament of illegal distribution of messages ensuring their content, specifying which users can expand access to such content as well as the operations can be achieved on it. This system uses Active Directory Rights Management Services to apply permissions to not forward voice messages that are nominated by the sender (marking the message as private) or through management policy. This avoids the voicemail forwarding protected in a reproducible manner to any unauthorized person, despite the consequences of email client.

Auto attendant: often, users are looking for a specific person of the company, but are not sure of the extent or exact phone number. The operator Automatic Exchange Unified Messaging allows users to find the person they are looking for the phone keypad or voice input to navigate the menu structure, make a call to a user or locate a person, then call it. An automated attendant gives you the ability to :
    • Create a custom set of menus for callers
    • Establish informational greetings, business hours greetings, schedule greetings to noncommercial holiday ads
    • Describe how to search the company directory and connect to a user's extension
    • Allow external users call the operator

Outlook Voice Access: users can now manage their inbox through Outlook Voice Access through the telephone keypad or voice input. This allows access from anywhere to your mailbox if the user is not on your computer or does not have a device connected to the Internet. Now users do not have to worry about being late for appointments or if they are disconnected when they travel because they can immediately call your mailbox to manage your calendar, contacts and email.

Users can listen to and interrelate with your email and voice mail in their inhabitant language or parlance. Exchange Server 2010 offers a wide range of support for up to 16 languages, including three assortments of English, Mandarin, Cantonese, European and American versions of Spanish and French and other European languages. Unified messaging notifies users about new voice mails or unread indicator lights and providing a count in a compatible desk phone. In addition, users can set up your text messaging notifications for a preview of the beginning of the voicemail SMS.