Thread: DAG Fail-over Cluster losing connection

DAG Fail-over Cluster losing connection

I have just performed the installation of 2x Ex2010 on 2x Server 2008 R2 enterprise boxes to go for the migration of my already configured Ex2k3 server upon it.

I have eshtablished both of the servers within a DAG and made replications of the databases across both suggested . I have moved through all the technet and whitepaper suggestions to configure up entire things and i am sure that i have got this 99% right. The issue occurred is, when I am running with the management console upon one DAG server in some cases, I am suffering with the time-outs when i am moving to access the config of properties on different server in the DAG, In some cases, it just times out and reports and error about remote management, and sometimes, it says that IIS is not available on one of the servers, its just actually random connectivity loss among 2 servers.

Configuration: Quad adapter on every servers.

From the Failover Cluster Manager, the Replication network is seems only one with the replication as functional.

MAPI EX1 LAN 172.16.16.141 255.255.240.0 172.16.16.111(isa 2006) + DNS e.t.c no WINS

MAPI EX2 LAN 172.16.16.142 255.255.240.0 172.16.16.111(isa 2006) + DNS e.t.c no WINS

EX1 REPLICATION 192.168.100.101 255.255.255.0 no G/W no DNS no WINS

EX2 REPLICATION 192.168.100.102 255.255.255.0 no G/W no DNS no WINS

Adapter binding order is configured, so the MAPI connection is placed on the top....

Re: DAG Fail-over Cluster losing connection

I don't think that it has something to do with the actual concept that it is one of the member of a Dag. When I have got some similar problems there were issues in the event log (particularly from store) about not being capable to interact with the AD. I don't remember that what resolved this . What are some of the errors within the Application event log ?

Hey dude ! you need to go for the testing of some advance components into your current environment . According to me, there are some problems with your active directory as per the symptoms you are interacting with . There should be tombstoned DCs presiding within your environment. We would strongly recommend you to go for better check to find out the capacity of your active directory initially before you get within the migration. This is to provide you better and smoother migration procedure.

This is definitely an issue with the same silly Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology services, as I have controlled to reboot the same on my first Ex2k10 server and currently that server is working fine without any issues . However, the second server is just providing me some grief with some long explanation :

ID 2501: Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGY (PID=1160)
    ID 2604: Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGY (PID=1160)
    ID 2601: Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGY (PID=1160)

The Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service would moved starting with the specified privileges.

1. Please, you need to download the MPS Reporting utility from the below suggested link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
    2. Make a right click on the MPSRPT_PFE.EXE and choose the option as "Run as Administrator" to launch this one tool, and you will get a Command Window start up.
    3. Just type out the Y with the message of <Within the MSINFO32 report? (defaults with Y in 15 seconds)[N,Y]?
    4. When the utility is finished then you will get an Explorer Window browsing up the %systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Reports\cab directory and having a <Computername>MPSReports.cab file.

Actually, if you are running with more than one DC/GC, you may erquire to checkout the replication status.

Thanks for the suggestion and everyone has provided. I have provided up on this large farce and have just not connected the replication network from my servers, I have made disabled the adapter and set the cluster to replicate and route MAPI over one adapter .

Just think about this , entire things working properly on both servers, both can communicate to each other fine, have been communicating to AD entire day without errors, been reset the configs to what I need and I am currently in the position to start resetting the Certificates and Publishing the services via ISA server, then after all onto replacing entire mailboxes across.