Thread: Windows 7 cannot detect DVD but just CD

Windows 7 cannot detect DVD but just CD

Here I have a problem, as is indicated in the title my DVD drive no longer detects any blank DVD's. I know there are many post on this subject already, but none gave me answers. What I do not understand is that sometimes still it can read burnt CDs, or games without problem. I have already completed several possible solutions but none should be. I installed this small file that allows to delete rows in the registry without success.

Re: Windows 7 cannot detect DVD but just CD

I think that this is a driver problem and hence you need to update the drivers which are installed currently on your system. follow the below mentioned instructions to fix this problem.
    1. Click "Start" menu and type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press the enter key..
    2. Expand DVD/CDROM drives.
    3. Right click the listed DVD/CD-ROM and click uninstall to uninstall the installed drivers.
    4. Finally Reboot the machine to load the drivers automatically.

If the problem persists still, I would suggest you to find if there is any driver on the official website of the manufacturer.

If your drive does not appear in the desktop , or that you can no longer play CDs and / or DVDs, This issue might be because of a connection problem, the device might not have been connected properly in the system.So open the cabinet and try to reconnect it so that the device starts working. Hope that this will help you to get this problem resolved.

If the BIOS does not recognize your drive or your CD / DVD, it is necessary to thoroughly check the connections and check the horse: a sticker on the drive and the drive. This stipulates the establishment of jumpers (small connectors located next to the large sheet). The drive usually needs to be a master (master), while the reader will be a slave (slave).

If the connections are correct and that the problem is still unresolved, it is possible that the problem comes from Windows. So it would be better if you try to install all the applications associated with the CD/DVD ROM. This also sounds like a driver problem so recheck the driver. Hope that this will definitely resolve the issue.