Thread: Facebook toolkit 3.0 and Silverlight working example

Facebook toolkit 3.0 and Silverlight working example

I am looking Facebook toolkit 3.0 and Silverlight working example. Is there anyone who can point out for the working example for this purpose? Actually I want to create facebook application through the use of facebook 3.0 toolkit in combination with Silverlight. I have searched for these things on net but I am not able to find any working example for this purpose.

Re: Facebook toolkit 3.0 and Silverlight working example

Microsoft Silverlight.
    This is the link from Microsoft site you can refer to this page for finding all the information that you require for developing facebook application through the use of Silverlight. If you want to develop any application using Microsoft product then MSDN is the best source of information related to that. I hope you have got the solution for your problem if you have any other query then let me know about it.

Thanks for the information that you have provided, I have followed all the steps that are mentioned there but unfortunately I am getting error at time of calling _browserSession.Login. One more thing I will like to bring your notice that if I am registering any latest application and hit enter then it brings up the facebook connect popup, and then it tries to connect but after some time my screen goes blank. Can you provide any solution for this problem?

As far as I know Silverlight or Javascript interop is not linked properly and the problem is that the Facebook SDK is not working without it. As I have said that interop is broken at the time embedding Silverlight through the use of shiny new object tag technique in place of the moldy old disapproval "asp: Silverlight" control technique.

I think I am also facing similar problem through the use of SDK source I have altered the Silverlight.Facebook.dll code for displaying the status messages on few of the user interfaces that I have added to the Silverlight example’s XAML. According to me silverlight codes call the Javascript for sending request to the Facebook servers, but the silverlight codes is not calling back.

I think that the javascript pages get callbacks from the facebook, but the problem is with javascript code. Javascript code is not able invoke the C# handlers and after that waiting inside the latest SDK code. I also think that the Javascript-Sliverlight interop is not working and there is nothing we can do with the facebook SDK. Not only that, Javascript/Silverlight interop is not good if I am using that thing for any other application or non Facebook applications.

Actually I also in the same queue, I tried to do a new silverlight3 project and a website using Visual Studio 2008. But I am unable to do so, I was getting error which was something like this "could not invoke script function". I think that the failure is happening somewhere in Calls to HtmlPage.Window.Invoke or in some javascript functions. Is there anyone who can provide the solution for this problem?