Thread: Muted "Name Not Available" sound in Volume Mixer

Muted "Name Not Available" sound in Volume Mixer

I am working with Win7 64bit on a brand spanking innovative laptop. When I boot up the system the volume mixer demonstrates normal sounds, additional than a at the same time as later a innovative slider named "Name Not Available" demonstrates up as active (bar is bouncing), muted, and I am not capable to un-mute it. When you play by means of the slider, it sounds similar to a generic talk-radio demonstrate, additional than I am not certain regarding that it's sporadic. If I reboot, it starts the cycle the entire in excess of again. The whole thing normal, and a short at the same time as later, this muted unnamed slider demonstrating sound activity. How be able to I track the source of the sound. I run Winamp (most recent) and VLC as media players, additional than even when I have not loaded these, the phantom slider come into view. Is it from my browser. I need some help here.

Re: Muted "Name Not Available" sound in Volume Mixer

Does the sound run appropriately when the "Name Not Available" innovative slide come into view. You give pleasure to go to the laptop producer website to download the most recent sound card driver for Windows 7 and observe if the tribulations be able to be resolved. If the tribulations persist, then you have to go to Device Manager and make sure the sound card status. To do so, give pleasure to perform the following: First you have to go to the "Start", in that you have to input "Device Manager" (exclusive of quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press "Enter". After that you have to twice hit it off "Sound, video and game controllers" to enlarge it. Subsequent to that you have to twice hit it off the installed Sound Card to open its Properties. On the General tab, give pleasure to make sure the message in the Device Status section. If the tribulations reoccur, might you please make available the following information in sequence for further research.

Is this a 'brand spanking innovative laptop' come by means of Windows 7 pre-installed by the producer. If so, you necessitate checking their website for bring up to date drivers and effectiveness software. And, the producer/vendor is completely accountable for Windows 7 hold up or maintain on their hardware. First and foremost this is for the reason that the producer/vendor customizes Windows for their unambiguous hardware and add the entire kinds of bloatware and Microsoft not able to tell how that have an effect on Windows.

I am having the accurate similar difficulty. On the other hand, if I start my system unplugged from my router, the "Name Not Available" muted slider does not come into view, additional than as soon as I plug in the Ethernet cable it demonstrates up muted. I cannot un-mute it, additional than if I shift the volume slider up and down it comes into view to be a radio broadcast of some sort. I too am using Win 7 x64 Ultimate (Steve Ballmer Signature Edition), additional than unlike the previous poster, I am on a custom built desktop. As far as I am able to tell, sound runs extremely well in most of my applications, additional than in a couple of programs (i.e. unigine 2.0) the sound is not running at the entire. Not certain if these tribulations are related though.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the recommended sound drivers. Edited it subsequent to some messing approximately, it is definitely an incoming streaming audio source from online. I do not be familiar with what procedure it's tied to, additional than it is taking up a considerable amount of my bandwidth and is killing my internet speed. A quick reboot of the router and the "phantom slider" hang regarding, additional than the audio activity ceases and my speeds return to standard (until the audio activity starts back up the entire in excess of again). Oh, immediately for the sake of description, when I shift the slider (when muted audio activity is present) it sounds similar to someone is rapidly changing stations on an old analog radio.

In addition test the tribulations in Clean Boot to make sure if the problem is caused by convinced third party submission. If the difficulty disappears in the Clean Boot surroundings, you be able to continue to narrow down which entry is causing the problem. I had the similar predicament. Followed the Clean Boot process as on top of an isolated the culprit. A service called "FLEXnet Licensing Manager for Adobe Products" when put out of action, detached the "name not available" volume mixer entry and stopped the superfluous internet radio stream.

I do not accurately be familiar with when it started, additional than each time I start up my system and go into the mixer there is a source titled Name not available or obtainable. It's muted and you cannot unmute it. If you mess approximately by means of the slider you be able to occasionally get sound to come in, and it sounds similar to a radio that maintains changing stations. The merely technique to stop it is to put out of action the internet and then it stops, additional than once I re-enable the internet it starts back up the entire in excess of again. I have comprise no clue what it is and what its coming from. I have ran multiple virus and malware scans on my system by means of a bunch of dissimilar programs and they have comprise and found nothing. It in addition strictly impacts my internet speed. I have encompass scanned from side to side the task manager processes and services, and did not locate no matter which. If anyone has several clues what is causing this or how to locate out what's causing it please let me be familiar with, for the reason that it is driving me crazy.