Thread: Windows Live Sync for Mac OS X

Windows Live Sync for Mac OS X

Hello,
    I am currently using mac os x and I would like to know if windows live sync works with it or not. When I was using windows operating system, live sync did not had any trouble with it. But now I am trying to get live sync installed, it is just giving me an error. Please help me on this? Also, I was new to live sync, so if you can explain me some of the concepts it would be great. Thank you.

Re: Windows Live Sync for Mac OS X

With Windows Live Sync for Mac OS, you can transfer your data easily to multiple computers and sync. "Windows Live Sync" (previously under the name of FolderShare and Windows Live FolderShare "known) allows you to compare data such as between your home PC and your computer in the office - automatically, as soon as both computers are connected to the Internet.

Some of the links that can help you
    1) Windows Live Sync: Synchronize your Files and Folders
    2) Synchronize files with Live Mesh and Live Sync
    3) http://forums.techarena.in/windows-m...er/1224231.htm

With Windows Live Sync, you can also build your own little P2P network. Enter any folder on your computer free, and you can share - protected by a password - files with your friends, between work and home or your second PC. Files can be shared, photo galleries will be synchronized with each other. "Windows Live Sync" is suitable therefore to shared folders with friends and acquaintances to keep synced. Depending on the setting, the files either automatically copied to any connected computer or can be accessed from any browser by mouse click.

Windows Live Sync replacing the old version of the service Windows Live FolderShare, now available for users of Windows, and for Mac OS X. Customers who just chose to go with FolderShare, must perform several steps in the transition to a new service:

- Install the software on each of your computers on which previously functioned FolderShare, thus Sync can automatically re-connect with your synchronized folders.

- To continue to share your synchronized folders, you will need to send your colleagues a new invitation. Do not worry if they do not have Windows Live ID; we help them get set for the use of personal email address.

- Your synchronized folder will start automatically synchronize after the move. If you choose to synchronize on demand, first visit the website Sync, to correctly carry out this operation.

So what's new in Windows Live Sync?
    - The higher file sizes - up to 20 synchronized folders (formerly known as libraries) with 20 000 files in each.
    - Integration with Windows Live ID.
    - Integration with the Recycle Bin.
    - Support for Unicode.
    - Multilanguage support for Windows (only 46).
    - Fixed most errors.

The market share files on a private network is growing and the experiences are multiplying. FolderShare, society ByteTaxi is a leader in this area and Microsoft has understood by acquiring and integrating the company in its bid FolderShare Windows Live services. Recently the service has been renamed Windows Live Sync but the benefits offered are exactly the same.

Windows Live Sync comes in the form of a client to download all the computers on which you intend to use the service. After creating an account (it is also possible to use a Live ID Messenger or Hotmail), a Web interface gives access to three options: synchronize files with another computer (on which the client must be installed), invite a user to connect to your private network (it receives and an invitation to download the client on his machine) or access files on a remote computer. Guest members may have different degrees allowing them an easy access to files, or the ability to create or to take advantage of the file to their relatives. The file size is limited to 2 GB of course, it will be possible to share files with Windows users (originally, the program has been developed for the Microsoft platform).