Thread: Cannot rip CD, cannot change album info

Cannot rip CD, cannot change album info

I was having windows vista on my system and i have updated my system by installing Windows 7 on it. But since i have updated my system, My Windows Media Player is not able to rip the CDs. I am getting an error as "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD". What is the problem here?

Re: Cannot rip CD, cannot change album info

Even i am having the same problem on my windows 7 system as i am not able to RIP any of the CDs or DVDs on my computer when i insert into in my CD ROM. Actually i am not able to select the RIP location itself as when i am going on Rip Music tab in Option then Location is Blank and Change button also does not works. There are no errors or messages which can indicate the reason for this problem.

I suggest you to use System File Checker which will help you to replace all the windows corrupt or missing files. Go to the start menu and then open all programs then Accessories. Right click on the command prompt and Run as an Administrator and click on Continue. Type "sfc /scannow" and then press enter. And your system will scan all the corrupted files.

There could be something wrong with the Media Player on your system due to which your Media Player is not able to ripping the CDs from your CD ROM. Simple way to solve this problem is to reinstall the Windows Media Player on your system so that it would be having all default functions. After new copy of Media Player you must not be facing any such problem.

There could be the problem with the CD itself as there are some settings has been made in order to not spreading the piracy. These kind of CDs are not possible to RIP by using the normal Media Players as you have to use some third party application for ripping them. But still you may try to use some other CD to check about the same problem.

I recommend you to use an Express Rip which is a CD ripping program for Windows that lets you extract digital audio tracks directly from audio CDs to mp3 or wav audio files. By using direct digital extraction, pure audio quality is maintained when you convert CD audio to mp3 or wav. Express Rip is also the fastest CD ripper in the world using proprietary optimizing systems.

I think you should use some other software as it seems to be the problem with your Windows Media Player. So you should try using some other software which also allows you to RIP the CDs and DVDs. Or you may reinstall the Windows Media Player which might solve this problem.