Thread: Windows Media Player - Automatic volume leveling during audio playback

Windows Media Player - Automatic volume leveling during audio playback

I am using Window Media Player on my Windows 7 machine and Quiet sound is amplified to sound at a reasonable level with this player. But it does not seems to be working properly. Actually when there is a silent part in the song then bass level is raised but when song sounds all the instruments then it does not gets lower and hence sound becomes annoyingly loud. This is only what i can explain.

Re: Windows Media Player - Automatic volume leveling during audio playback

This seems to be the problem regarding the sound card which you might be using on your Windows 7 operating system. You should get the latest drivers for your sound card which might be having some problem with your machine. You should go to an official website of your sound card where you can get the driver for your system.

If you want to update the sound driver on your Windows 7 operating system then you have to go the Start Menu and then open Control Panel. There you would be having System and Maintenance so open it and then click on System and then open Device Manager. If prompted for Administrator ID and Password then enter it. In Device Manager, go to the "Sound Video and Game controllers" and then right click on "Sound Video and Game controllers" and go to properties. Switch to the Update Tab and then click on Update Driver.

This kind of problem i have seen when i was using Creative Speakers on my windows 7 computer system. Actually the problem was with the volume control of this speaker system which was not supporting properly as it was unable to control the sound due to which different speakers used to sound different according to their volume level. There might be the same problem on your system as well.

I suggest you to restore all the default settings of your Windows Media Player which wont be having any such automatic settings on it. For having all the default settings, You have to reinstall the Windows Media Player on your system which will hardly take some about 10 minutes to do. Once you have installed fresh copy of WMP then i guess there should not be any such problem on your Win 7 machine while playing the sound.

Most of the time this kind of issues persists because of the Volume Controller of your speaker system. I have found that the if there would not be any such proper controlling from the Volume switch of your speaker then it does not keep the volume level at the same level. I think you should check playing the sound system on some other system.