Thread: Windows 7, Media Player 12, collapsed Taskbar Toolbar for Media Player?

Windows 7, Media Player 12, collapsed Taskbar Toolbar for Media Player?

I was using Media Player 11 on my Windows 7 Operating system but now i have upgraded the media player to the Media Player 12 in which i am not able to have Media Player toolbar to the taskbar which i was using with the Media Players 11. Please suggest me to have a Media Player taskbar toolbar on my win 7 machine.

Re: Windows 7, Media Player 12, collapsed Taskbar Toolbar for Media Player?

I have seen that the some of the toolbars of Media Player are not provided when you run it on windows 7 operating system. Taskbar toolbar for media player is better tool control the tracks from the taskbar itself. But i think it is not possible to have this toolbar on your machine until and unless you are using windows 7.

Though you cannot have a taskbar tool of Media Player on your Windows 7 but it is possible to control your Media Player when you have minimized it. Means you cannot do basic functioning when it is minimized such as Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous. You just have to move your cursor on the Windows Media Player icon on the taskbar where basic controls comes up.

Media Player has one features called as "Play from the taskbar" by using which you can also control the Player when it's minimized. You can play or pause the current item, advance to the next item, and go back to the previous item using the controls in the thumbnail preview. The thumbnail preview appears when you point to the Windows Media Player icon on the taskbar.

Though Microsoft have not provided any such function by which you can have media player taskbar tool on your windows 7 operating system so there is no way by which you can have such functions. But i think you have to change an operating system on your machine so that you can have such function. Or you may just ignore it as there are many player which can play better then Media Player and they even have taskbar tool to control it.

I think you have to live with it as this feature has not been provided in the Windows 7 operating system. You may use some other software for which there would be some add on provided which can make it visible on the taskbar but still there won't be many changes in the playing options in those different players.