Thread: Windows7 Starter GPOs?

Windows7 Starter GPOs?

I am just looking to deploy Windows 7 to the desktops and in getting ready to have upgraded the schema and DCs to Server 2008r2. I am about to make the first user group policy, and moved through some interactive and valuable information about the Starter GPOs as well as implementation with R2. However, I was just shocked to figured out that there is no any type of starter GPOs for Windows 7. Can someone suggest me if these are available for download in some other location ?

Re: Windows7 Starter GPOs?

The capability to make and work with the Starter GPOs. first get ready within the Windows Vista version of the GPMC. The concept behind a Starter GPO is that an administrator is able to make a starting point for different administrators to use when making their GPOs. The fundamental structure and functionality has not directed much in this latest update, but one new distinction is notable.

Specifically , when you work with the Windows 7 or another version as Windows Server 2008 R2 system to make the Starter GPO's container, the container is by default entitled with some built-in Starter GPOs. Such type of starter GPOs go through the Microsoft proper practices and map to the Windows Server 2008 Security notification .

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 facilitates the starter GPOs for both side(User and computer) . These Microsoft-build Starter GPOs are also tagged for other windows based system means windows vista and windows XP SP2.

Thanks for the suggestion you have given to me but you know I have already performed the same as you suggested . I have created the starter GPOs and thought that it can solve the issue but figured out the result after performing all these tasks. None of the starter GPOs are entitles "Windows 7",there are some listed there but all for windows XP, Vista and Windows Server 2008 ?