Thread: Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager

Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager

I need some help for printing photo in Windows 7. I had captured some images from my camera. Those are widescreen images. I want to print them all and for that I am using Microsoft Photo Viewer. But as the printer wizard runs it does nothing when I give the final command to print. I am not able to get the reason behind this. How can I know print those images. Does there is any better tool.

Re: Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager

I think the issue lies in the printer. You might need to update the drivers first for that. For this simply right click on My Computer and then click on properties. After that go to hardware and then go on device manager. In the list right click on the printer and choose update drivers. Follow the screen wizard. You can also downlaod that from the official site and run the setup.

Try to open images directly in photo viewer and give the printer command. You can also insert those images in Microsoft Word and and then give the print command. But there the image size will be effected. The same can be done in Powerpoint also. If I face certain issue with printing I insert all the images in word arrange them accordingly and then provide the print command.

Download ImageConverter Plus. This is a tool to view, edit and convert graphic files. It consists of two parts. The first is an editor which allows you to work with several files simultaneously and the other one is a shell extension for Windows Explorer. The graphics editor reads and processes the images. This tool creates and performs tasks for batch files. The shell extension provides a quick overview with image preview, full information about files and their transformation through a click.

Check your printer first and see that you are getting prints from it. Photo printing is different in comparision to the normal print. For such I am using Ashampoo Photo Commander that allows the organization, editing, optimization and archiving your digital photo collection. This application can store all the photos on a CD or DVD as animated slideshow . It is also possible to create an interactive Web page of these documents to share them with friends.

What error does you get when you give the print command. Check the printer spooler service which is located in the system tray. If you have leaved lots of print comands then they stay in the printer spooler till it is finally printed. Clean that first and then check back. Try to use other tool like Microsoft Picture Manager to printer your images without much error and problem.

Try Super Photo Gallery tool. By this if you have a large number of images then this allows you to create your own photo album fully customizable and edit your photos. It is a full picture manager that allows you to organize, sort, view photos, apply artistic effects, set the parameters, fix red eye, etc and do lots of other things. I had all my pictures in this tool. ACDSee is also a another option.