Thread: Windows Media Player 12 Constantly crashes

Windows Media Player 12 Constantly crashes

I am using Windows 7 and I am having some problem with Windows Media Player 12. I had encoded certain audio and when I open them directly in Windows Media player then before reading this it crashes. This has happened many time that Windows Media player fails to read those formats. I need some help to get some nice encoder for my system and some fix to stop this crashing of Windows media player.

Re: Windows Media Player 12 Constantly crashes

It is better to check the updates for Windows Media player. It is possible to download the same and then re-install it back again. It is ossible that due to some incomatible audio support or corrupt file. You must first check that the audio file you had converted are compatible with Windows Media player. Media player directly downloads codec from internet for the audio file support.

It is possible that some system files in Windows Media player is corrupted due to which the application crashes. For this one option you can try is system restore. If you had added any new plugin in Windows player then just remove it. Run system restore for sometime and then check back. Run Windows update where you can get some fix from Microsoft.

In my case when any file fails to play in Windows media player then it pops out a codec warning. I am for that issue using VLC. Windows Media Player 12 is proposed to extract the songs from your CD when you insert a new disc into your drive and automatically encode format you have previously defined in the options (default WMA). If that does not work then switch to some other option.

You can try Windows Media Player Classic for that. This tool comes with all codec support and plays almost anything. Download and install all necessary codec pack in your system before running any encoded file. The issue is common due to absence of all codec support. K Lite Media Codec pack is another solution for such crash. You can download and try the same.

Which tool you are using for conversion of audio files. I am using AVS Video Converter which is a simple video processing tool and powerful. The software supports more than a dozen formats and you does need any codec support for the same. The application is able to make DVD from any video file, create video files compatible iPod, PSP and other portable music from a DVD, producing DivX or XviD compatible DVD files.

I am using Freemake Video Converter. This tool is all one solution for all conversion issue. It support many formats from audio and video to other encoding work. It has features for editing and DVD burning. You must use some other and better alternative for video conversion if Media Player crashes frequently. There are lots of other tools but first try some codec pack again.