Thread: Windows 7 Media Player interrupts playback to change media when disc inserted

Windows 7 Media Player interrupts playback to change media when disc inserted

I am facing ceratin issue with my Windows Media player. I am using the most recent version. The first issue is that when I insert a CD or DVD then it stop playing the music which I had loaded in the playlist and runs the CD. How to stop this. The second help I need is how to delete the recent entries in the selection of Windows Media Player. It keeps an track of all those files which I had seen.

Re: Windows 7 Media Player interrupts playback to change media when disc inserted

Windows provides you autoplay and autorun option. Here whenever you put a usb or a optical drive it autoruns the same to quick view the files. So due to that Windows Media player is playing the files. For that you might need to stop the autorun option. For that click on start and then click on run. Type gpedit.msc there and hit enter. Now go to imageExpand and then click on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Autoplay. Form here choose do not execute any autorun command and reboot your system.

Re: Windows 7 Media Player interrupts playback to change media when disc inserted

There isa bonus pack for Windows Media Player which offers other features. For that you will need to download WMBonusXP.exe which is a bonus pack. Install it and then run it. You can run it by right mouse button click on the icon that just appeared in the notification area and then click Options. Click the Clear command MRU. By that you can wipe out the most recent selection of Media player.

There is another way to wipe out what you had seen recently. For that you might need to use Windows registry. But you must first back up your registry before doing that. For that click on start and then click on run. In the box type regedit. In that navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ MediaPlayer \ Player \ RecentFileList and HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ MediaPlayer \ Player \ RecentURLList. Deleting last entries will clear your history.

I am doing that via Media player. It is true that Windows Media player keeps a record of what you had seen before. But there is an much easier way to clear that. For that you will need to click on Tools > Options and then look for Privacy tab here. You can then here click on Clear History button and then clear caches. You can also uncheck the box so that in future it will not save the history.

It is possible to customize the Windows Media Player. There is not much you do in that. To define the text that appears in the title bar of Windows Media Player open > Software > Policies > Microsoft > WindowsMediaPlayer. Then here create a string value named TitleBar. You will need to edit this entry and enter value data as the title you want to see. Once done just reboot media player.

It possible to stop the configuration dialog box coming again. This strategy prevents the display of dialogs Privacy Options and Installation Options the first time a user starts Windows Media Player. For that you will need edit Windows registry file. Run windows registry and then open > software > policies > microsoft > windowsmedia. Then in that create a DWORD value named GroupPrivacyAcceptance. Add the value to this 1 and done.