Thread: DVD Maker only burns widescreen video in 4:3 regardless of aspect ratio setting

DVD Maker only burns widescreen video in 4:3 regardless of aspect ratio setting

I have a Windows 7 system in whcih I am using DVD Maker. I have some avi file in that. Leaving the ration of the dvd I had set the 4:3 or 16:9 to creat a video disc. In the menu I found a ratio of 16:9 and the video was burned to a full screen rate. Now when I played the disc in DVD player the ratio was stretched worst and nothing works there. There were very tall screen which spoiled the image. I also need some suggestion for good DVD burning software.

Re: DVD Maker only burns widescreen video in 4:3 regardless of aspect ratio setting

There is a aspect ratio design flaw in Windows DVD Maker due to which you are getting that issue. I had also created some DVD using this tool at 16x9 and when I played that on my TV it squished the resolution of the screen. It looks like that the screen on the DVD overides the TV screen which gives out such issue on the screen. You might need to use some other software for the same.

Re: DVD Maker only burns widescreen video in 4:3 regardless of aspect ratio setting

I had created lots of DVD with various settings here. I had tested the same on DVD players also and some of my TV with different screen size. In all a 16x9 ratio DVD created in DVD maker work worst. The content was not fine and they adjustment leds the degradation of the entire screen quality. You must better choose some other tool and burn at the aspect ratio you need.

I had leaved DVD Maker a long time before and right now I am using Blindwrite. It is a nice tool for copying CDs, DVDs and now Blu-Ray. BlindWrite extracts a complete image of a game, music CD or data to make a complete copy on your hard drive. I do not assign any resolution to my video. I have some DVD quality vidoes which I burn just directly in this tool and my job is done.

That is right resolution is always a issue for DVD Maker. I had found images bieng getting stretched and squisheed on other monitors. For that I am using CopyToDVD. It is a nice tool and it offers lots of thing in just few clicks. I am using the wizard which offers me direct creation of DVD. Movies Burned in this are also compatible with all types of DVD player.

You can perform testing with different DVD resolution with DVD maker and finalize which one you want for your system. It is possible that fiddling through the settings might give you what you want. Or else try CDBurnerXP Pro which is nice for video or audio tracks. It is not just a burner but also a audio editor which is present in it for adjusting various sound tracks.

After doing a bit search I found that by default the DVD Maker menu are shown in 16:9 widescreen display. Later on the video adjust the TV or screen resolution. The final DVD which you got is best suitable to work with all the types of screen and if you play with the resolution then all the settings get messed. So better leave the default settings and burn the disc.