Thread: Folder icon Program Files (x86)

Folder icon Program Files (x86)

I got some weired and seems little bit interesting to intreact with such type of issue and tried to find out the solution for this but didn't got anything after a lot of search on the google. When I change the directory icon for the folders stored into the Program Files (x86) I didn't got any results of that change . I tried with the commercial software with no effect.Do you have any suggestion what's going wrong ???

Re: Folder icon Program Files (x86)

You can rebuild the icon cache and go for the same once again.

1. Click on the Start menu and then open Computer.
    2. from the tool bar, click on the Organize and select Folder and Search Options.
    3. Click for the View tab and enable the selection for Show hidden files and folders option, and save the changes with the OK button.
    4. Then after enter the below suggested directory:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local

5. Search about the IconCache.db file, and change the name of the same as IconCache.db.old.
    6. Exit from the window and reboot the machine.

Can't delete program files (x86) folder

I am in the same situation but some workaround is different but the issue is getting occurred on the same platform. Actually, I have removed the windows.old directory but unable to remove program files (x86) directory after making the installation of build 7068 x86 over build 7057 x64. Can somebody suggest me what I am doing wrong ?

Commonly, you have to get within the security settings on the selected directory: Right click on the folder => properties => security => advanced.

Move to the permissions tab,wipe entire components and then tag the account name that you are currently working with . Apply, it will state that you are not allowed to implement to some things (access denied) just click on the OK button. After you are finished to do this , choose the account which you have just associated and then enable the replace child box and then Press OK.

Just be sure that you are running with all checkmarks in the security tab. Then you are fine to move in the correct way !

I have installed windows 7 . All of the user are able to access all the programs then suddenly one day, the standard user got unable to retrieve the programs. As administrator, I can access the programs without any issues . So, I have removed the existence of all the users and again created new one account for everyone with the administrative privileges but they still complaining that unable to access the programs. It displays the icon but it seems white and when you click on that, it states that windows unable to access the located device,location,or the file. You may not have proper privilege to get the contents . On top of the box it contains as C:/Program Files(x86) then what ever program to click on..

Are you implemented the sharing of directories within the homegroup or upon the network ? Shared folders got locked automatically because of some issues that escape me, even for the user on the system started sharing this .. It commonly displays an orange lock on the bottom side of the directory icon. On other hand , this may just be the User Account Control (UAC) related problem , If so , Move to the Control Panel and type "UAC" within the search box, and disable the UAC control.