Thread: Disable automatic lock with Windows 7

Disable automatic lock with Windows 7

I need some help to disable the automatica lock of Windows 7. It gets lock after every 2 minutes. I kept all my files on the desktop and then after putting the password the dekstop takes lots of time to reload. Due to such problem I want to disable this feature and look for some bette alterative. I am using a dell laptop. I also need suggeston for some software that I can use for screen locking.

Re: Disable automatic lock with Windows 7

The option is quiet easy to disable. For that you just need to enter in control panel and then go in Power Options. In that you will need to look for Require Password on Wakeup. Just choose Don’t require a password. Reboot your pc and then see it will no unlock automatically. From here you can then again if want activate the lockscreen password thing.

I had created a GPO that I apply to a user account. So far even due to some problems everything works here. The only thing which does not work is the locking of session. I just want to disable that here. I do not want my screen to get locked at every 10 minutes of time. I tried many things in the GPO settings like Disable screen saver, Disable the locking of the account strategy, examine the power options, etc but nothing worked there.

Same issue here I checked in the bios if there was not an option for saving energy by chance but found nothing. I also tried to open the session on a different workstation that runs on Windows XP to see if the behavior is different but the session still get locked after some time. So my strategy does not apply to Windows 7 and I am not able to do anything here.

If you want to a software for that then you must try Desktop Lock. It is a very small software for Windows that allows you restraindre access to your desktop. There are many options available in that. You can first time completely block the functioning of the office using a keyboard shortcut that you previously configured. The block can also follow a specific time slot or for too long inactivity of the mouse

Yes I will too recommend you to use Desktop Lock. It provides you secures access to the computer and components such as mouse, keyboard or desktop, the computer can be locked automatically after an adjustable period of inactivity, allowed the conduct of a particular program for demonstrations. Download the most newest version of the software for your system.

I am also using Dekstop lock. The Windows 7 screen lock can be disabled from control panel > power option and it works well there. The Desktop lock protects access to the computer and components such as mouse, keyboard or desktop, the computer can be locked automatically after an adjustable period of inactivity, allowed the conduct of a particular program for demonstrations.