Thread: Error uploading .doc or .xls to WebDAV server

Error uploading .doc or .xls to WebDAV server

When doing the copy operation in Word 2003 .doc file or the Excel 2003 .xls file to our Server 2003 WebDAV website from either Vista environment or Windows 7, I am getting an error message :

Copy File: Cannot read from the source file or disk
    When I started copying same file from Windows XP system then it is going fine without any issues .Removing some content from the header of the file moves around the issue . Saving the file with the .docx operated around the issue.

Re: Error uploading .doc or .xls to WebDAV server

I have discussed the same problem with my friends and found some additional information. in case, if the .doc and .xls files are copied with the help of command line terminal , the files just got copied well . They only assumes to get failed if someone is working in the Explorer or Microsoft Office to perform the copying and save the files into the WebDAV directory. Give it a try ..

I also got bit more information regarding the same . If someone stores a .doc or .xls file within a zip file, uploads the same onto the webdav server and then unzip which file the webdav share that also be feasible . So, the tally is:

• Save with the explorer - got failed
    • Save with the word/excel- fails
    • Unzip from the application with the help of Explorer zip support - works
    • Copy with command-line utility - works

Actually, i don;t have any wide information about this, but have some rough information ... I don;t know, it can be helpful for you or not but according to me Excel and Word would not save to the network. I have fixed my issues by deleting KB980232,this was loaded some time previous weeks. I hope, it can be helpful for you ...

I build an alternative which finish the downloading of the file with the absolute content-type but when the user going to upload the file, he is not sure about the place to locate that ! I require to download/Change/Save a office file without the user interaction. Have you an y idea about the procedure to do that ? What about WebDav.Net, is this is software of IndependentSoft. Can this resolve my issue in this situation ?