Thread: Cannot enable media streaming in Windows 7

Cannot enable media streaming in Windows 7

One of my friend has just started using Windows 7 and is facing some problem with Media streamings on his system. I have never used Windows 7 and hence here to get the help. Whenever we are trying to Strem Media by clicking on the 'Turn on media streaming' button, it appears that it is working by turning into green but nothing happens. The button used be greyed but yet shows "Turn on media streaming". Could you help me ?

Re: Cannot enable media streaming in Windows 7

There are few possibilities for this problem. In case you have configured the Stream dropbox to permit other devices..." and yet they don’t stream than it may be because of any defective device driver or any system file may have got corrupted. The only suggestions I can provide at this point just reinstall the Media Center and Windows Media Player after reinstalling them completely. You can simply do this by typing ‘turn windows features on and off' in search line of Start Menu. Under the opened Window, uncheck all the option and reboot the system. Once it is started check again all the options and click apply.

A clean boot with all Microsoft services and 3rd party application startup disabled may fix this issue. You can simply do this by typing ‘msconfig’ in the command prompt or in the Start Menu search line. In the opened window go to Services tab, check mark the box infront of ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ and click on Disable All. Do the same things under Startup tab. uncheck all the boxes or better click on Disable All at the bottom. Click OK.

Quote Originally Posted by labman View Post
    A clean boot with all Microsoft services and 3rd party application startup disabled may fix this issue. You can simply do this by typing ‘msconfig’ in the command prompt or in the Start Menu search line. In the opened window go to Services tab, check mark the box infront of ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ and click on Disable All. Do the same things under Startup tab. uncheck all the boxes or better click on Disable All at the bottom. Click OK.
    Thanks for this useful help friend. I did the Clean Boot of my system after disabling all the 3rd party services and apps. Fortunately I can now do the Media Stream. I also wanted to know that one of my friend has told me to Enter this command “%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player” under command prompt and in the newly opened window delete all the files ending with .wmdb. Will this work ? And I would like to know the reason of the problem that got solved after the clean boot.

If the issue gets solved after doing the clean boot that means that was the problem with any one of the application or service we disabled from the msconfig. You may find the wrongdoer enabling again the services one by one by making use of MSCONFIG tool again .