Thread: SP1 Bug? Item not found when moving files and folders in Windows explorer

SP1 Bug? Item not found when moving files and folders in Windows explorer

When I reallocate the files from one location to different one within the Windows Explorer I received the message box stating that Item not found. The one that has try again, Skip, Cancel. I choose the []Do this for all current items and it not going feasible in this case. I have had to click this and try again on 28 components . It is repeatable.

This only started going on after I performed the fresh installation of Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium and then after installed SP1. SP1 installed without any error message . Before I had entire updates installed and it never happened. My Windows 7 Dvd sources displays the file dates of jul 14, ‎2009, ‏‎4:29:38 AM. I do have UAC switched off but have used to turn this back on and same results is getting appeared .

Re: SP1 Bug? Item not found when moving files and folders in Windows explorer

This issue might be generated if you made disabled the "Libraries" properties in the Windows 7.. You just require to launch the small Registry script to make disable this .Run the "Disable Libraries in Windows 7.REG" file.

After executing the .REG file, you need to turn off or reboot your machine and you will no longer get the Libraries icon within the Windows Explorer. If you do not need to make disable whole "Libraries" option but only need to deletes its icon from Explorer, then launch the option specified as "Only Remove Libraries Icon from Windows 7 Explorer.reg" file.

I would need to recommend you to go for the creation of a new one account for user to test about this very problem. You may also check the occurred problem running under Clean Booting . If the problem still going on with you in the same manner then I would like to advice you launch the System Restore and do the reinstallation of Windows 7 SP1 beta to troubleshoot the occurred problem. What is the result actually ?

I have performed the suggestion given by both of you but haven't reinstalled the whole OS for now. I also compared the reg exports after doing all these things which is suggested by one of my friend . Was some differences after SP1 in first key but seems not any changes in Wow6432Node. These are the differences reflected after installation of SP1 in first key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{2112AB0A-C86A-4ffe-A368-0DE96E47012E}]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{2112AB0A-C86A-4ffe-A368-0DE96E47012E}\PropertyBag]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{491E922F-5643-4af4-A7EB-4E7A138D8174}]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{491E922F-5643-4af4-A7EB-4E7A138D8174}\PropertyBag]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{7b0db17d-9cd2-4a93-9733-46cc89022e7c}]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{7b0db17d-9cd2-4a93-9733-46cc89022e7c}\PropertyBag]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{A302545D-DEFF-464b-ABE8-61C8648D939B}]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{A302545D-DEFF-464b-ABE8-61C8648D939B}\PropertyBag]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{A990AE9F-A03B-4e80-94BC-9912D7504104}]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions\{A990AE9F-A03B-4e80-94BC-9912D7504104}\PropertyBag]

I am also getting the same issue and read whole thread and was so glad that my issue can be solve with the help of two replies but I was wrong . I have used both way and didn't got anything working New admin user and Clean boot components and currently I am unable to move the files anymore, I am not lost cause because I am running as an advanced user and can recover back to where I was either by Acronis or reinstall. It seems very strange because this did not happen before SP1.

Can you please launch the ProcessMonitor in the background when I was working with the Explorer? After receiving the error message, stop the Process Monitor trace and reset the Process Monitor to work with the public MS symbols. After this, you just hide entire successful operations and find out what the explorer is performing when you receive the error message .

It could be the evalauation of the damaged registry configuration. You have to go for the following way and find out if it resolves the issue of your's :

1- Go for the clean installation of Windows 7 64-bit (could work with the different system or VM if you need to go with that)
    2- Export the registry keys as a backup suggested as below:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\FolderDescriptions
    3- Perform the Installation of SP1 (Maxxp) and/or your common applications (ronkmonsters)
    4- If the error is getting up again and again, then you need to go for importing the already back up registry keys and restart the system.

renodjs Guest

thats happen to me also, after installing SP1 win7
    but i can fix via software from uniblue, the name is registry.....er

all problem fixed after scan finished and restart after fixed out
    check all will be ok now.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 05-03-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.