Thread: Not getting TV Signal in Windows 7 Media Center

Not getting TV Signal in Windows 7 Media Center

Hey guys, am in need of some help regarding Media Center on my Windows 7 system. I have configured HDHomeRun tuner on my system, everything is working fine buy while i open Windows 7 Media center, i only get a message stating "No TV Signal". I tried reinstalling it but still the same problem ? Is there any one to help me out in this case ?

Re: Not getting TV Signal in Windows 7 Media Center

There are many causes related to this problem. Most probably this might be because of the channel might be unavailable for the moment otherwise you might not have response in case you be given your TV signal all the way through an over-the-air antenna. Or else it might be coz of your the set-top box (In case that your TV signal bypass via a cable or satellite set-top box,) might be tuned to some other channel rather than to the proper channel you are looking for. Ensure both these cases are not mistakenly taken. Hope it will work for you.

For more info about Windows 7 Media center, you should check out : Windows 7 Media Center Complete Overview And Functionalities

Many times this error appears because your subscription doesn’t include the particular channel you are trying to access. Am talking about the subscription to a cable or satellite service. You can simply eradicate these channels by scrolling to Tasks right from the start screen and than clicking on settings. Under settings click TV than on Guide and finally click Edit Channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Delgado View Post
    i only get a message stating "No TV Signal". I tried reinstalling it but still the same problem ? Is there any one to help me out in this case ?
    There are various types of TV signals available in different regions and it is important that your TV tuner is compatible with the TV signal you are trying to connect. You may also require verifying from your TV service provider as certain provider does not contain the most recent "BDA" or additional correlated driver to support television playback in Windows 7 Media Center.

Consult the documentation provided with your receiver or visit the manufacturer's website to determine what types of signals are compatible with your computer. If multiple TV tuners are installed on your computer, or are connected, you can configure multiple TV signals. This allows you to record programs on different channels simultaneously. It is even possible to set two different types of signals using a hybrid TV tuner. However, it is possible that Media Center can not access two signals simultaneously.

Make sure you haven't made any mistake while setup. If your TV signal comes from a wall outlet, cable TV or terrestrial antenna, follow these steps to configure it in Media Center:
    • Connect your cable TV signal to TV input connector located on a compatible TV tuner connected to your Media Center PC.
    • On the start screen of Windows Media Center, scroll to Tasks, click Settings, click TV, click Set Up TV Signal.
    • If a message appears indicating that the change in parameters will affect the DVR, this means that a signal is already configured. To make a new configuration, click Yes.
    • Follow the instructions to configure your TV signal. This procedure will vary depending on the type of tuner (s) you have, and the type of programs to which you subscribe.
    • On the Result screen TV signal detection if you or your tuner (s) appears or appear well on the list, click Yes, the TV set with these results, then click Next.
    • On screen TV signal provider, scroll down and click on the signal provider that best fits your location and your service, and then click Next.
    • Click Finish.

To obtain a TV signal on your system, the kind of signal has to be compatible by your hardware TV tuner and Media Center. As soon as you have linked a well-matched TV signal to your system, you can build up the signal in Media Center to watch and record TV shows and movies.

If your computer has multiple tuners, you can use a splitter cable to split the TV signal, then connect to each tuner. You'll be able to record several programs simultaneously or watch one live show while watching another. To receive a TV signal with multiple tuners, each tuner must have a TV signal connected to it, and the signal must be the same for each tuner. If a TV tuner does not appear on this screen, make sure it is properly connected to your computer and the drivers are installed.