Thread: RemoteFX system requirement ?

RemoteFX system requirement ?

Hi everyone, I need to test the RemoteFX within my office.

1. nVidia GeForce GTX 465 feasible with the RemoteFX on Hyper-V Server ?
    465 contains 1 GB GPU memory, and Fermi GPU Architecture available within the minimum price.

2. NetBook with Windows 7 is supported with the RemoteFX client ?
    CPU : ATOM N280 1.67GHz
    MEM: 2 GB

3. Is there any Windows Vista Client software are available for RemoteFX ?

4. What the size of GPU memory should be there on my Hyper-V Server ?
    Free GPU memory size for RemoteFX ?
    InUse GPU memory size for RemoteFX ?

Now, I decided to purchase GTX 465 for my server but having some guidance, please share your ideas..

Re: RemoteFX system requirement ?

For starting to do anything with the RemoteFX, in the primary stage, you need to identify the server and hardware which you are currently using and find out that are better and compatible according to your use. From the RemoteFX for RD Virtualization Host (RDVH) (VDI) situation, the server should be matching with requirements detected within the hardware considerations suggestion for Windows Server 2008 SP1. it also involves the introduction of the CPU support for SLAT and up to 4 GPUs.For the RemoteFX for RD Session Host situation, the server CPU should be compatible with the SSE2 but GPUs are not needed in this case.

My Hyper-V parent server running upon the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 beta and Guest OS is specified as the Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 beta but, At booting of guest operating system, the error messages getting occurred as :

'VM name' Microsoft Synthetic 3D Display Controller (Instance ID {xxxx}): Failed to Power on with Error 'Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requsted service.' (0x800705AA)."

The configurations are as follows:

Server CPU: Core i7-930
    MEM: 24 GB
    HDD: 4 TB
    GPU: GeForce 8400 GS

Thanks for anymore suggestion regarding the same ..

The occurred error can be generated in case if you are involve to start many virtual machines where as your GPU can't support that much . You need to move into the event log on the host and validate whether there is an event suggesting that the server has inappropriate GPU resources to begin the needed virtual machine.

'VM name' Microsoft Synthetic 3D Display Controller (Instance ID {xxxx}): Failed to Power on with Error 'Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requsted service.' (0x800705AA)."

RemoteFX in RDSH Hardware Requirements

From what I can collect the RemoteFX within the Remote Desktop connection Host does the compression in CPU and does not need a supported graphics card.

I recently installed the W2008R2SP1 Beta on a Dell PowerEdge R710 with the Intel Xeon 5620 Processors and activated the RemoteFX within the registry and then plugged through the Remote desktop with the help of Windows 7 SP1 Client but I can't get RemoteFX functioning properly . I am unable to get anything in the logs to find out whether it is even trying to perform RemoteFX or not.

Actually, I am making fool of myself. After a little more checking( associated with the youtube/silverlight and common internet usage) I have figured out a large difference and was capable to go with the youtube and work with the silverlight applications upon regular broadband and this felt absolutely local. When I used to go without RemoteFX , the difference was quite remarkable.

So , Although I am not getting anything within the logs and it was working. A couple of gotchas though.

Apart from configuring up the system, active the directory and the network priorities and the only steps needed for making the strong configuration RemoteFX specified in this explanation ;

• Activate the RDSH onto the server selecting the entire default configurations.
    • Add a user to the remote desktop users group
    • Configure the maximum color depth to 32 bits per pixel
    • Add the 32 bit Dword registry entry known as "fAllowRemoteFXCompression" to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" and set it to 1.
    • Establish the connection from a Windows 7 system with the SP1 and configure the remote desktop experience to LAN 10 Mbit.