Thread: VM fails to start due to insufficient system resources - MS Synthetic 3D Controller

VM fails to start due to insufficient system resources - MS Synthetic 3D Controller

I have completed without any issues VMs assigned as remote desktops and they goes wonderfully (Widnows Vista and Windows 7). I performed the installation of SP1 on the server without any problem. I finished the installation of SP1 on one of my Windows 7 Enterprise VMs and didn't got any problem . I configured the settings of the Windows 7 VM properly and associated RemoteFX to this. When associating RemoteFX to the VM, it is not getting start. I received the following error message:

" 'VM name' Microsoft Synthetic 3D Display Controller (Instance ID {xxxx}): Failed to Power on with Error 'Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.' (0x800705AA)."

Re: VM fails to start due to insufficient system resources - MS Synthetic 3D Controller

That would describe this. We are ruining with a bug with the beta build where the password getting configured for the special account that is used to make the session, does not match with the MinimumPasswordLength needs if it is 14 (specific situation).Just note 14 is the maximum value of the MinimumPasswordLength. It has been resolved in further builds. The only workaround is to either not joining the domain or reconfigure the password policy in your test domain to something minimum than 14 if it can be finished .

Re: VM fails to start due to insufficient system resources - MS Synthetic 3D Controller

There are some questions that I need to ask you about the workaround of your's That is a SLAT processor, so it should go in well manner , The questions are as follows :

1. Which one beta build are you working with ? (The 7601 that become ready on 7/12?)

2. What is the model # on the Firepro?

3. Which one version ATI drivers, you are working with ?

Thanks for considering my issue and I am glad someone view my question. This is the required information from you and post me back if you have any solution regarding this -

1. Yeah, this is 7601 from 7/12. I finished the downloading of .iso, burned to DVD and worked with this to perform the installation of SP1 on both my server and Windows 7 VM.

2. ATI FirePro M7740 (my test server is actually running on a laptop).

3. ATI M7740 Driver version 8.702.0.0 dated 2/2/2010