Thread: Win 7 Install Disc is Useless after installing SP1

Win 7 Install Disc is Useless after installing SP1

After performing the installation of SP1 beta, with my Windows 7 Installation Disc from within Windows to go for an "Upgrade" occurred a message stating that the version for the windows is already latest than the version I am going to install and that setup seems unable to be continue.

The only options are to perform a proper and fresh installation of Windows 7 (losing entire installed programs and user related configuration) or uninstallation of SP1 and then try again, which I performed and that moves feasible.

Re: Win 7 Install Disc is Useless after installing SP1

There is one thing here, i wanted to make you sure that there can be some complexities when you are installing. You will get this error message again and again because you are lacking something here. you can remove out this issue but you have to just perform some uninstallation of the previous installation and just go and uninstall the SP1 beta to work with the RTM DVD. I am sure, you can't get such type of message after doing all these !!!

It seems as you have not been moving with Windows very long with the statements you have posted in your thread! There is none of the old specified versions of Windows could be "upgraded" with the downgrade version Service Pack disc which is going for the recent installation. So what makes you consider about the same that it should be any different now that you are now discovering about this?

One thing consider that it is not suggested also by experts and you are warned that you need not to go for the installation of this discs when you are manging a production environment. If you insist on installing of the same within a production environment without creating the backup of your data, Microsoft got unable to be held the responsibility. Also, the installation disc is fine , your Windows version is assumes as latest than the one on the disc because your disc is the Released for the Manufacturing Build..

I considered that Sam. I got the risks, insecurity and pitfalls with the same . I do not expect SP1 to be proper in this case, nor should you. I am not going to complain (even though this might seems as this ) here, but rather trying to help make the actual RTM product in fine way, as well as suggestion ! I like to use Windows 7 and need SP1 to make this even fine ! If all of you just stated "fabulous, fabulous" nothing productive gets completed .

I am trying to make the re-installation of Windows XP on my Dell XPS machine. I am completing all these things with the Reinstallation disk given by the Dell. The disk boots and states that

"Welcome to MS Windows XP - What do you want to do?" I click on "Install Windows XP" Windows Setup screen comes up, preceded with this message - "Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is newer than the version on the CD. Warning: If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is currently installed on your computer, the files and settings cannot be recovered. To Exit, click Cancel or click the Continue box"

If you need to clean out the current implemented system then you have to boot with the disk provided . You will then running with an option to remove the system partition, formatting and installation of the fresh copy from the disk . Just be sure that you are running with the configuration of the boot priority as disk preference before HD within the BIOS setting. Commonly F2 or Del during boot process made enable to access the BIOS Setup .

Thanks for the help and frequent suggestion for this issue . I am trying to perform the booting from/to the disk specified , but as I explained you in detail, I can't move on properly when I receive the error message as I mentioned . I have checked out the BIOS configuration and the CD drive is number 1. I am just running one step away going for the disk partition, etc. but when the Continue button would be inactive, I am not sure how to go ahead with the same settings . Further help is appreciated.