Thread: How to permanently display the list pane in Windows Media Player 12?

How to permanently display the list pane in Windows Media Player 12?

I am under Windows 7 on my computer with WMP 12 already running on it. In my office computer, running WMP 11 under XP, I could see the list pane shown on the right side of the screen; but it doesn't appear anywhere on the screen. All the time I have to manually get it each time I start the application. Is it possible to make it permanent? Can you guide me to get it fixed so that it remains displayed every time I start the WMP 12?

Re: How to permanently display the list pane in Windows Media Player 12?

Just hover your mouse over the small arrow under the Now Playing button, which says "Show list pane", click on it. You should get your list pane displayed now. If this doesn't work then it seems to be your WMP installation have been corrupted. Either uninstall and reinstall the program; or use your Windows CD to repair WMP.

Basically there is no as such method to get your playlist displayed in WMP12. But you can create a new playlist in order to see its pane. Actually Microsoft have introduced a lot of changes in its newer version of Windows Media Player. One of this include displaying playing list pane.

Create a new playlist by going to Start, All Programs, and then Windows Media Player. Click Library, and clear all the entries, if any. Click on Now Playing List and then click Clear List. Add some songs and albums to the playlist. Now click on "Now Playing List" and then "Save Playlist As". Give it a name and then click "Save". Now to get it displayed you need to edit your WMP shortcuts. By default it is "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1 which you need to change to "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /Task NowPlaying.

You need to create at least a shortcut that will save the layout of show list for your WMP. For this go to Organize, Layout, and select Show List. It should display you the list even if you close it and relaunch it once again.