Thread: Adobe users - Intel i7 or Intel Xeon

Adobe users - Intel i7 or Intel Xeon

Hello,
    I constantly work on adobe photoshop, I have decided to purchase a new computer. Now the concern is that should I go with the intel core i7 or intel xeon. I do not know what is the difference between the both. Also, please suggest me from adobe users point of view. Please let me know the difference between the both. Thank you.

Re: Adobe users - Intel i7 or Intel Xeon

A Xeon is in principle no different than the Core i7 CPU to the 1366er base. A Xeon with 4 cores is not significantly faster / slower than the i7 with the same clock frequency. A i7-975 with 4 x 3.33 GHz E5520 with nuclei from 2 x 2 x 4 x 2:26 Ghz will win some benchmarks and some lose. That depends on what your application does. What application do you have? And only "server virtualization" is not a sufficient description.

Xenon processors are usually even the pioneering of new technologies. The 5500 guests in your Raid the hyper threat technology. I also think that the CPU's rather provide identical performance. The Xeon, however, are designed for servers and I'd rather I were you, not so sure whether it also brings the same performance in games such as the 920th i7. What I mean to say, the performance could be even worse than the 920th i7, as long as your board supports CPU, this is no problem.

The core xeon and have the same orientation, THE xeon is an appellation for commercial processors oriented server / workstation with Intel. There have been Xeon "pentium4" Core2 "and now" Nehalem Core I7 " For xeon are classified as four-digit number:
    Xeon Processor 5xxx 3XXX = mono = dual quad proc proc 7xxx X5XX = core I7, X4XX = CORE2, etc.. The last two digits to the frequency of the process. I am simplifying for the architecture but is the idea. They generally have more cache, operate with the FBDIMM (DDR reliable which costs an arm) and more hearts than the consumer versions of their public architecture Xeon Quad CORE 2 CPU cores each have 6 or 4 * 6 = 24 hearts for the machine at all. A number of hearts as elevated is completely useless for the common people and is reserved for big math and other 3D processing. To make playing the 4 cores are already more than enough. So unless you're rich because Xe cost a blind or you want to make u big mathematical treatment or other purchases on your PC or CORE2 I7.

It's true the xeon are very expensive indeed a result I will now turn towards the i7 but I bought in 2006 a tower xeon 5110 with 4g which coated me eyes and head with, I was very surprised to see 3 weeks ago he was still holding his head with a phenom x2 4g ddr3 10000. (I am not talking about synthetic benchmark or other test but distortion photoshop)

So the benefits:
    1 - when we sub is that even years after it is still worth something when even the best gamer around would be completely jettisoned.
    2 - it is unstoppable

By cons is not made for gaming and say that 15% of the prices are justified by the legend for pros.

froonylose Guest

Intel Core i7 processors deliver an incredible breakthrough in PC performance. The Core i7 identifier was first applied to the initial family of processors. The Xeon 5570 is based on the same architecture as the Core i7. he Xeon 5500 comes out as that will bring server motherboards compatible with the i7 and all server MBs have integrated VGA.

The i7 is done "to everyone" so effective for games too. However the xeon are made for "work stations" ideal when you work on the video, 3D. That is two of the top processor so you will make your shot as well as games on one another (he did not have the same orientation). But to answer your question, it's true that I do not a is which is the best when compared to any point of view. (And I am curious to know: /)

Then the i7 are proc haud models at Intel has been the basis for the server yes) the proc nahalem (architecture name) will soon decline for desktop PC and also for laptop. but it will be less powerful or some function will cut. Some even have an integrated graphic chipset (2010). and above the socket will not be the same. comprar an i7 and a xeon proc returns a comparison of two different ages. Bi-soon cards i7 will emerge for the server. (In 2009) yet this is not the case. properties on two xeon are more powerful than a single i7 (this is normal.) as 2 proc p3 p4 that 1 was more potent. But when the card bi-i7 will be ready it will be a different matter.

nicolajoseph1 Guest

Intel Xeon is a Nehalem processor and a sophisticated system architecture, the new Apple Mac Pro is 1.9x faster and has better performance than its predecessors.